1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows FFXI controls

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Colonel Sanders, 6 Sep 2006.

1. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

My cousin recently purchased FFXI, and his copy came with a free 30-day trial for a friend, I got the friends pass. He has the manual and DVD, I only have a downloaded installer and a code.

I can not figure out any of the controls in this game- couldn't even figure out how to properly close the game.

I eventually learned that I could move by using the numpad, but that is just annoying. The graphics resolution looks quite low- is there any way to turn this up or will I just have to accept it?

I have searched for some guides, but all I can find are more advanced stuff like how to become a certain type of mage, the closest I have found was one guide in the PC section of a web-site, but it listed the PS2 controls. . .

L J

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I used to play this online and IIRC you used ot have to change the res through the Sony launcher thing (which is horrible) and there is no way to modify the controls that I can remember.
    In all fairness the controls were horrid once you did get them working on a keyboard so much so that I had to mod an XBOX controller to make it playable.

Great idea, pretty much a pants grind fest.

3. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

if you press - you get the menu up, if you gointo the config bit there is a compact keyboard config wasd basically if you go into all programs and ffxi bit there should be a lil config option to setup res and whatnot too.

4. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Back when I played it I used the bog standard controls.... i.e the numpad. Pretty much used the keyboard all the time to navigate through menus and stuff, and targeting nearby npc's and stuff.

5. dastt

dastt What's a Dremel?

lol to logout of the game you wanna type "logout" i believe. i havent played in about a year but once i found out how to custumize the controls and add macros its alot better.

Tags: