1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming FIFA Online Preview (fixed!)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 7 Feb 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Right tag this time...

EA recently announced what could be the biggest in its line of free to play, micro-transaction based titles, FIFA Online. Based on the FIFA 10 PC engine and now entering closed beta, we take a look at a game with a massive potential audience.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2010/02/07/fifa-online-preview/1

:D

2. CopaMundial

CopaMundial What's a Dremel?

So will this be like the ps3 and xbox 360 versions? or just the same old rubbish pc version?

3. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

A dumbed down PC version.

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

bit-tech shouldnt give this dross (FIFA) any coverage until they give us the next gen version instead of fifa 08(?) rebadged!

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It's actually still the same engine they introduced back in Fifa 07.
    Go on EA, kill the PC market with crap like that. Idiots...

I signed up for the beta but I am very sure that, especially with the joke that a mouse controlled football game will be, my 360 version will be so superior that it'll make baby Jesus weep.

6. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Some micro transaction games work quite well IMO, Battleforge is good fun, but I wasn't such a fan of Battlefield Heroes.
    It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

7. AngusW

AngusW mmm

This game will suck. They need to port there new engine on pc not make rubbish like this

8. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Now I've seen everything

9. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I am in a silly mood so I am going to just say - FIFA(IL) FAILball:Online

10. pcnerd

pcnerd Banned

BAH !! fifa SUCKED not SUCKS (which it did) right from the moment they started bull -******* that pc hard wares were inferior to that of the consoles. Now the reviewer also says that the graphics have been ****ed up . SO MIDDLE FINGERS TO YOU EA DEVELOPERS !!!

11. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

Why not just release an actual pc verion of FIFA that people will want to buy? I hate EA.

12. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

One benefit of the weighty 1GB client is that EA has been able to use a fully featured version of the FIFA 10 PC engine, using the same texture assets from the Xbox360 and PS3 versions of FIFA 10. This isn’t as good news as it might sound though, as the PC engine has little in common with the one used in the well received console versions of the game and was one of the main issues that FIFA 10 was so poorly received on PC.

This paragraph does not make sense????

13. pcnerd

pcnerd Banned

Well my man it simply means that while the console versions were treated to good textured models with good details and anti aliasing . the pc version was seriously ****ed up . they had bad character models and details, the lighting sucked ass and lack of anti-aliasing was utterly horrendous. And the EA developers had a very VERY shitty and lousy excuse," the pc hardwares are not on par with the console version and we had to dumb down the pc version ( and our brains) for the gameplay to be smooth " So in short- PC version of FIFA 09 and 10 sucked ****** (any thing ya like :D)

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That part about PC hardware not being up to it is only half-true. I spoke to a couple devs from EA and basically what they is that they have to cover as much of the market as possible, as stated in the article.

Why they failed so badly at making it smooth even on better hardware is another story. Why they didn't just port at least the graphics engine from console to PC is way beyond me as well. [Has it really come to the point where we want them to port console graphics to PC?! Thank you, EA... fu---- thank you.] And the reason they can't bring the far superior game play to PC is because not everyone has a quad core CPU. Yeah... well, I guess their excuses suck balls big time because they may have worked back in late 2006 but sticking to it until late 2009? Yeah, right...

15. AngusW

AngusW mmm

Yeah its a weak excuse considering a rig from a few years ago could overpower a console. I guess they don't expect the average football fan type to know much about gaming rigs.. They're excuses annoy me but i dont mind playing fifa on a console because its the kind of game you sit on the couch to play against your mates.

16. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

I'm not suprised at all, the last NHL game they released for PC (2009) had PS2 graphics and not even the full control scheme PS2 users could use. EA (sports) has made it quite clear they don't give a crap about the PC, PC users respond with their wallets which in return EA uses as evidence why they shouldn't care about PC development.

Tags: Add Tags