1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fife Lan Party

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ouija, 4 Nov 2008.

1. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time. It's a little early to be posting this, but I want to raise a bit of awareness before everything goes ahead.

Fife Lan Party is going to be running again, hopefully from the beginning of 2009. Many of our LANs back in 2005 were a learning experience for us, but we're hoping to pick up momentum and get some much better LANs going. We're working on the new website to allow everything to be managed online. I'm hoping that once this is done, we can concentrate our efforts on getting more frequent LANs without having to worry about updating the website.

Anyway... if you're interested, the user signup and login is working so create an account. If you get a message saying your username is in use, I did migrate the usernames from the old site, so let me know and I'll reset your password. Some sections of the site may not work at the moment, I'm working on the live site simply because the search engines have all but forgotten about the website and I want it crawled as soon as possible.

I'll be posting updates on the site itself as we go, and anyone and everyone registered will be notified as soon as we arrange the first LAN of 2009. We'll try to get a forum up and running again as soon as possible.

It's likely the location will be Glenrothes, but we're planning on having a few different venues at our disposal.

Kenny.
    Fife Lan Party

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Glad to hear this is still going, had a good laugh the time I popped up a couple of years back.

3. ouija

Good to hear from you mate. Hope you can make it to our new events.

4. ouija

Shameless bump. Not dead yet.

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Me and my friend did talk about going to Scottland this summer so it's a possibility.

We probably wouldn't have any form of PC though. :(

6. ouija

Hmmm... not sure about access to a loan PC to tell you the truth. There was once a time where I would have probably built one specifically for that purpose. :geek: Unfortunately, we just don't have the available funds to do so at the moment. Maybe in the future when we get back on our feet.

If you are able to bring your PCs, I'm sure we could provide monitors to save a bit of hassle.

If you get a chance, register on the website. Once it's all up and running, you will be notified of the new stuff on the site; and you can give me a shout and I'll see what we can do. :)

Tags: