1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows File downloads corrupting

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dumvadin, 31 Jan 2013.

1. dumvadin

dumvadin What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Since today every video or RAR file I download is corrupt, my computer connects wirelessly to my router. It doesn't matter whether I download using Firefox or IE, files are still corrupt, it reaches 99% pauses for a while and then completes. Files show correct size but no thumbnail.

I have:

Disabled Antivirus
    Disabled scan after finish in FF settings
    System restored back 48hrs
    Tried different sized files
    Used VLC and WMP to playback videos
    Restarted modem and router
    Clear Temp and IE Temp files

My laptop downloads and plays back the same videos wirelessly from the router fine. Also I can use a direct wired connection from my computer, downloads fine.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Did you by accident uninstalled your SATA or motherboard drivers?
    I had a similar issue once, but it was with XP, when I installed it on my old computer.

If not, just to rule out a driver conflict or something, re-install them (download the latest version from your working laptop, of course)

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Well if it's fine with the cable then perhaps your Wi-Fi card needs replacing. Try uninstalling and updating drivers.

4. dumvadin

dumvadin What's a Dremel?

Thanks.

I didn't uninstall anything but I will check anyway if I have any problems in devices. Then reinstall the nic driver next.

I may get a powerline network soon as I am having a headache with wireless lately.

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

to rule out wireless connect to your router and disable wireless then try to download something, does the same happen?