1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding filling holes and patterns

Discussion in 'Modding' started by rick, 2 Apr 2005.

1. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

does anyone know how fill holes on a case? i've just got a cheap pc to put me on while i'm building my new one and i'm modding the case as its a fugly little thing at the mo. i'm going to cut a design out of the side but theres a fan and vents there also i need some flat metal from inside the cutout to finish it off so can anyone help me? also the other side had a design sunk into it that i'd like to remove.

heres a few pics
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/evansy/fanside.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/evansy/side.jpg

2. H311R4153R

H311R4153R What's a Dremel?

Maybe you could stick something to the back of the panel and fill up the holes with Bondo. If I understand your question.

3. Devil_909

Devil_909 What's a Dremel?

Bondo will do wonders.

4. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

there is not need for a backing on the holes, but i would use lead to fill the holes
    places like eastwood have great starter lead kits that fill holes, its great becasue it wont chip or break when the panel flexes like bondo would. But there are few things cheaper than bondo, so you may go that way. Welding the holes is out of the question as side panels are so thin it would warp the metal.

5. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Bondo or JB Weld would fix them up no problem. Just remember you've got to sand smooth the stuff you put on so don't get carried away :)

6. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

and where can i get bondo from? also whats the non braded name for it?

7. nick01

nick01 What's a Dremel?

You could leave all the holes where they are and use Monokote as a cover for the whole side panel. That film is guaranteed to give a nice flat surface, even on crooked things like air planes http://www.monokote.com/monoinst1.html (that's what it is mainly used for).

If you leave the holes open behind the Monokote the thin film acts as a drum. Perhaps you are lucky and the CPU fan sounds like a supercharged Thunderbird. :D

8. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

polyester filler, you can get it at autozone......but i think jb weld is the best option i forgot all about it....it gets rock hard you can also get that at autozone for the same price $3-$5 usd