1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Filling in case side window

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nry, 7 Mar 2007.

1. nry

nry Minimodder

I want rid of my computers side window. Mainly because im putting two computers into one case and I need noise down to a minimum

Its a antec plusview 1000
    I have bought some steel the same or very similar thickness to the case.
    Then cut the steel to the exact (near enough) size of the window.
    What is the best way to reinforce it at the back? Dont want any bolts showing or anything

All gaps will have either p40/p38 filler then sprayed etc

2. B[x]

B[x] What's a Dremel?

I don't have any experience with this though I was planning on doing this on a smaller scale (filling an opening made from three 3.5" bays). I was thinking of cutting out a panel slightly smaller than the gap (like you've already done) and was going to cut small strips to attach the panel to the case. J-B Weld the strips to the case and panel, on the interior and then Bondo the resulting gap from the exterior.

3. theurgy

theurgy What's a Dremel?

What I would do is cut a panel exactly the size or slightly smaller then a panel that is about an inch larger. Mount larger panel on the inside using epoxy or hard glue so that is cover the hole. then glue smaller panel on the outside to level off the outer panel. Then bondo the gaps and paint.

4. nry

nry Minimodder

Seems like a good idea.

Turning out to be an expensive idea this is.
    What glue would be best? I want something very cheap but good.
    Dont care if it makes a mess on the inside. As long as it holds well its all good

5. theurgy

theurgy What's a Dremel?

JB Weld