1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FINALLY!!! A SEQUAL!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Tech-Daddy, 27 Jul 2008.

1. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

*bump* *puuush* "sequel, sequel, sequel.... get into that.... forum subject...." (grunt.... push....)
    )(@)(&@#)@#%&#*!!!!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x692m3_tr2n-cleaned-up-001_fun

Anyone who was a kid like me in the formative years that *totally* got this movie, likely got into computers *because* of this movie.... or it solidified it for them!

This looks golden!!!!

-=TD!
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited: 27 Jul 2008
  2. Vigfus

Vigfus Born to be...

lolwut? TRON2? Duuuude. :D
    Hate the helmets though.

3. M_D_K

M_D_K Minimodder

Looks promising :D one of my favs as a kid :)

4. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

You realise it will be a huge disappointment, don't you?

5. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

This is going to be so bad was my first thought but now I've watched the teaser a few times I have to admit that I need to see this.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2008
  6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Hm. Random thoughts.

Tron is made by Disney.
    Tron is about computers.
    There was a Tron computer game, which was a FPS/RPG.
    Warren Spector is working with Disney on a secret project which he promises should amaze geeks, but which will be totally unexpected.
    Tron requires good, unusual CGI graphics - like from Pixar.
    Warren Spector is working with Pixar.

Hm.

7. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Ooooh, ooooh, oooh! OMG, I am looking forward to that! I love Tron. In fact... I still have red and yellow light cycles packed away in my goodies, along with a couple of small figures to fit inside. ;)

8. Vigfus

Vigfus Born to be...

Yes, it will be bad but who cares. It's TRON! :p This is reason enough to reinstall armagetron.

9. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

tron tron tron tron :D
    i loved tron. all angles and very little curves :clap: (easier on the maths :p )

10. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Those lightcycles look amazing.

11. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Is anyone else wondering why he wasn't de-rezzed when the guy's light cycle crashed?

12. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

+ 10 points because its a Tron sequel

+10 points because it has lightcycles

+10 points because it looked like the lightcycles can now go to different levels of the grid

-10 points because the lightcycles left curvey lines

-10 points because Lightcycles are not meant to be able to jump

-10 points because I said so :)

hopefully the film won't be as bad as the trailer looked and it will have a decent story line.

13. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

just need to get Journey to do some music for it :)

14. Tech-Daddy

RAM wasn't immediately derezed when his bike blew up from a tank shot.... not entirely improbable.

Curvey lines. increased computational power, antialias curve smoothing, something like that. Back then, even in arcade land, it was sprite and grid based, and the movie adhered to that technology limitation...

we dont have that anymore... :)

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

If you're going to get so excited and use capital letters, you could at least spell 'sequel' correctly...

TRON was cool, but only via the memory I have from seeing it when I was 7 or 8. Someone bought it for me on DVD and I am yet to watch it as I know reality will hit home and it will look as crappy as I fear it would.

The irony is, when they do a sequel, I'll probably think the same thing about it in 20 years time I do about the original. Leave well along I say. What's next? A 're-imagining' of The Last Starfighter?

16. Tech-Daddy

Thanks for being a wet blanket... move along and let the rest of us enjoy this then....

And without sequel's... we would not have been blessed with "The Dark Night", or Empire Strikes Back, or LotR (granted, that was all one book, but it was an AWESOME series), the Pirates series.... so, don't fear sequels, go blow the dust off the old TRON movie and share it with your kids (if you have any) and let them see the excitement and history before this one comes out.

My son LOVES the original. He is equally excited about this. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

17. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Yes but those are all sequels made whilst the originals are in recent memory. All recent sequels/remakes/whatever of '80s films have been pretty dreadful.

18. Vigfus

Vigfus Born to be...

He's got a point... I'm not watching the old tron - of fear of it sucking now. :p

19. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Apologies for holding a different view point. One other thing, none of those movies were called into existence, to extend a questionable classic that doesn't really merit a sequel... way past it's sell by date, because someone out there in movie land is too lazy to think of a new idea. I actually genuinely do not know what the attraction of TRON is in 2008 as my memories date back about 20yrs. What I can say is that when movie makers try and translate slightly camp, dated ideas like this to into a different era and to a different generation, they almost always fail massively.

And they have to contend with this:

[​IMG]

20. ShredMachine

ShredMachine What's a Dremel?

Perhaps....just perhaps, someone in hollywood loved tron like a lot of people do. Perhaps they realized it never recieved a sequel despite being amazing. Perhaps they realized that of all the possible rehashes in the world this is the one where the march of technology can be applied most gracefully. CG has come a LONG way since the original Tron and yet the art direction of Tron is still fantastic.

This is one of a very few sequels I have absolutely no problems with. As far as things go, I'll be happy as long as it doesnt have crappy acting and doesn't shoehorn in TOO many vin diesel moments.

Tags: