1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Finally completed Crysis 1 - Thoughts on Crysis 2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by simeonipicker, 3 Mar 2013.

1. simeonipicker

simeonipicker What's a Dremel?

Recently upgraded my Graphics Card to a 7950 DirectCU II so I decided to finally play Crysis 1 and Warhead which has been sat on my shelf since their respective original release dates! The reason I've waited for so long is just due to the fact I wanted to play it how it was meant to be played, with everything on maximum settings(bar AA) and playable framerates.

I've got to say, although the original game was good, the story didn't capture me. I found warhead to be slightly better but purely because it was 5 hours of non-stop action. The mechanics and graphics are fantastic and I love battles that are on a large scale, so enjoyed the final battles in both games.

Prob going to get Crysis 2 on Steam next week so I'm interested to read what people thought of the second game. Storyline, Mechanics, Large scale battles? How do you think it compared to the first?

Appreciate any comments!

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

dont bother, leave the the series. 2 is utter shite, 3 is better but still pretty poor.

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I'd agree with Gunsmith on this one, Crysis 2 is absolute Far Cry from the original, both in terms of gameplay and plot. C2 is great if you want an Easier, linear, rather boring game but it's barely a scratch on the original.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I have to second that opinion. 2 has a few moments, but they're just moments, mostly it's linear corridors. Also, the AI in 2 is shocking, a lot of my firefights with Ceph got resolved when said Ceph all suffered nervous break downs and started walking round in circles shaking their heads.

Nice to know that even aliens get shell shock, but not much for game play.

3's better, but it's not great. there's nothing like Onslaught or Core in number 3. Except for a very brief pseudo-cutscene-come0QTE in space at the end.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Crysis 2 is definitely worth picking up in a sale for say 66% off. At the end of the day you still get to charge round like an indestructible super soldier smashing evil alien/human scum. The story is worse than Crysis though.

Yeah, I found Warhead more fun as well - plus it runs better!

6. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Although Crysis 2 was no where near as good mechanics-wise as Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead, a combination of the awesome soundtrack and the 'moments' actually made a pretty fun game.

7. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Crysis 2 was terrible. Such a shame after the epicness of the first two.

8. Deders

Deders Modder

Crysis 2 might be worth a playthough just so you can see how much of an improvement Crysis 3 is in comparison. Just don't pay full price for it.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

no...no its not.

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It's been a while but most of my crysis memories are all from the original, i can't recall that much of c2. I also have no urge to buy c3 so i guess that tells its own story.

I seem to remember thinking that c2 would have been a good game if there was no c1 and judged on its own merits. Trouble is it is impossible not to make comparisons.

If i pick up c3 it will be on offer a long time from now.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Crysis 3 IS better then 2 by miles but the suit handling/weapons just make it feel as tho you are playing Crysis 2 again and that bitter aftertaste lingers whilst your playing.

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

My subjective views:

Gameplay:

1. Crysis
    2. Warhead
    3. Crysis 3
    4. Crysis 2

Longevity:

1. Crysis 2
    2. Crysis
    3= Crysis 3 & Warhead

Stock graphics:

1. Crysis 3
    2. Crysis
    3. Crysis Warhead
    4. Crysis 2

Story:

1. Crysis
    2. Warhead
    3. Crysis 3
    4. Crysis 2

I'm aware not everyone will agree with those, but that's how I feel so don't take it personally ;)

As a PC gamer I have always felt it necessary to play the Crysis games, because at least Crytek are pushing the limits of our beloved platform with their pretty engine.

13. simeonipicker

Well taking all advice into consideration I picked up a cheap copy of Crysis 2 last week and completed it today.

Very few moments had me gripped, story is imho is shocking. I know all first person games have elements of "go here and see this person", "protect this area", "evacuate these people" but in crysis 2, it just felt so repetitive and obvious.

I found myself in cloak mode ot sprinting past enemys most of the time just to get the game finished to experience the (poor) story!

I did expect this however, from all the comments on here but.... I'm still going to play Crysis 3 as I picked it up in a graphics card bundle and I want to complete the trilogy ;)

YEHBABY likes this.
  14. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

I've got C2 and had it a while. I finally got round to loading it a week ago, but have delayed playing due to getting a copy of assassin creed 3. Once completed I'll probably do what you did and play through it anyway.

Even though I have been warned. :)

15. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I'm playing crysis 2 atm and finding it harder than the first. I really must suck :worried::waah:

For me Warhead is my favourite. It has some great areas for pissing around in. C1 is good too just didn't have as much fun as warhead. C2 the weapons do feel better, especially the shotgun just cant get comfortable with the suit.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2013
  16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

maybe, maybe not. c2's has massive balance issues.

17. simeonipicker

I found C2 pretty hard, that's why I resulted in using cloak most of the time. I'm playing Bioshock infinite on Hard setting but I actually enjoy it being hard, whereas C2 I found boring whatever it was on.

Yeah I think Warhead had a better pace than C1 and I also enjoyed it more but still, the stories never grip me so much as say something like FarCry3 did just for comparison.