1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally got my kitten!

Discussion in 'General' started by Vixen, 2 May 2004.

1. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

These are my two little buggers,

they are frequently screaming at each other and other cats at about 3 in the morning. They also go and beat up the other cats down my road.

Consequently i have named them, Ronnie and Reggie;

[​IMG]
    Ronnie
    [​IMG]
    Reggie

2. riggs

riggs ^_^

We got a kitten about a year ago...just your average black/white type, but still real cute (has eye's like an owl).

One of our older cats (got 2, both about 15 years old) had a stroke last week, and we don't know what to do with her. She's totally paralysed down one side (her right), which means her head is constantly tilted over, her back has curved to the right, and she can hardly walk - she falls over quite a lot.
    Don't think she's in any pain, and she seems ok mentally, but it's just so sad to watch (the first time I saw her in this state really shocked me - I was outside in the garage, and she stumbled in (not to joke about it, but she looked exactly how I'd imagine a drunk cat), lost her balance and fell underneath the car. Took her about 10 minutes to stand up. She then stumbled into one of our out-buildings (we live on what once was a farm (10 acres of land))). Thing is, it's the same building that some of our other cats went into when they were ready to die. Maybe she thought her time was up.

ATM, just keeping her comfortable. She's hung on for a week now, but I hope (for her sake) she passes soon as she's obviously getting really frustrated about not being able to walk (she'll try to get from one end of the room to the other, collapse, look up and let out a big meow!)

3. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

you should put her to rest. it's what i would do.

just schedule it a couple days from now and treat that beast like a king (or queen) until then.

my cat lived to be 19. it got so old that it's bones would crack doing half the things that normal cats do. we were real nice to him for the last few days and we put him to sleep.

:waah: damn, now i miss him...

4. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

about 1 yr ago i got 3 cats, (yea three). This added on to our previous 2 cats (to make a total of five, and they are still all alive). dead birds, mice, even squirrels have managed to find there way inside my house. All they want is attention. here ill list them in order from oldest to youngest. tigger, allegro, rusty, patches, and sox. :waah:

5. MiniG

MiniG What's a Dremel?

ATM,
    We've got 5 cats, until last week we had 4. But someone abandoned a kitten in a car park. So we got 5 now.
    here's a picture of my boy. Spike, he's a cream/ginger striped cat, we think he's part feral. And he's twice the size he was when this picture was taken...

[​IMG]

Oh yeah and a Dog.

MiniG

6. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

haa haaa haaa did you used to own an old austin allegro by any chance????

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Awww there's some cute little kitty-kats on this thread :)

My little girl, Puss, got put to sleep on Thursday morning :waah: She was 18. She had been well all her life, until suddenly, within 2 weeks it all happened at once and it wasn't fair for her to carry on.

I'm still not over losing my boy, Purdey, the Xmas before last. He was the closest thing to a child I'll ever have (I hate kids, no maternal instinct what-so-ever). He'd got to 16 and a half. We think, definitely over 15 anyway. Which isn't bad for the runt of the litter!

The one before that only lived to 4 years old as he had a serious heart defect that made him MASSIVE. The one before that lived to 21. I guess we have a good area for cats to live out to a ripe old age.

Anyhoo, now I'm catless for the first time in my life. It's soooo horrible! :( Hopefully we'll be getting a couple of kittens, maybe a puppy and some rats (at the same time) soon. Filling the house with boisterous hannimules should be fun again :)

8. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

sounds like someone needs a hug

[sends hug over the net] :)