1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Find F*&^&*^^% photos on iPhone connected to Win 10 PC

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Arboreal, 17 Dec 2018.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

My daughter is trying to get some prints done of phone photos on her iPhone 6 Plus.
    I connected it to my Win 10 PC, and can see a DCIM folder as I expected, but the album she's put them in isn't visible.
    So, I can't copy them across, and shes doesn't think they can be bluetoothed across to my S7
    I HATE iTunes, do I really have to install it to do this simple task?

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Upload them to onedrive or cloud service of choice [preferably not iCloud]… It's less grief in the long run as transferring stuff to/from an iThing is a ballache by design...

/former Apple tech support drone

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

If you’re already using iCloud picture sync and you almost certainly are because you have to have an iCloud account, just point Firefox at iCloud.com and login with the iCloud account in use on the phone to print from your browser with no cables or iTunes.

Or if your printer is Wi-fi enabled and relatively modern you might find you can print directly from the phone.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

AirPrint… *shudders*… It never ****ing works...

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

You should be able to get to them just fine. Is the phone unlocked when plugged into the PC?? :D

6. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

When I tired of inkjet cartridge prices and them always drying up I bought a colour laser printer scanner copier. It’s got network and Wi-fi and AirPrint and directprint or whatever the windows equivalent is. I can just turn it on and it just works although it’s always most reliable if you turn the printer on and wait for it to hit “ready” before you send the media to print in AirPrint I.e. before the apple device does a scan for active AirPrint devices as it caches the discovered devices even if that means “no devices found” for a while.