1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Finding cash in hand work

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 4 Jan 2015.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Finding it increasingly difficult to run an old car I totally rely on and have enough to eat at the end of the month.

I'm not flexible enough to be able to secure a second job with my current hours, so I'm looking towards some cash in hand work until im given my start date to my new job but I'm having a hard time finding it.

The sort of things I'm trying to come by are general chores that might be made easier with the help of a second pair of hands.

Running errands for elderly people, general labouring, cleaning and tidying, anything that I could pick up on a whim for a few open days a week. I'm not looking to make a fortune just the extra £20 - £30 a week would really benefit me at this time.

excluding the obvious looking in a shop window or local newspaper, where's a good place to look for something like that.

2. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

I imagine it will be difficult as people don't want to be accused of tax fraud.

What hours are you currently working?
    Could you save money by learning to repair the car yourself, it's not hard I'm self taught. I replaced my brakes, exhaust and changed my cambelt this year for the cost of parts, probably saved £500ish in labour charges.

3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

It's hard to say without knowing what skills you have which you could take advantage of but..

With in aging population, this is definitely something that I've even heard people mention and I can imagine there are quite a few elderly people who love someone they could rely on to do 'bits and bobs' for them - from a bit of gardening to the odd bit of DIY.

4. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Have you considered signing up to taskrabbit or a similar service? https://www.taskrabbit.co.uk/

I saw taskrabbit got a bit of bad press recently (about changes to how you bid to do jobs) but I'm sure there are other sites with the same general idea

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

looks ideal until I signed up and they told me it wasn't available in my area :waah:

6. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Before I left the UK, I was advertising on Gumtree for PC Repair, Software installation, etc. Just the basic IT stuff like fixing laptop fans or removing viruses.

After a couple of weeks I had enough work to keep me busy all day and make about 50-60 quid easy.

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Have you tried facebook? Our local 'things for sale in...' page has handymen, gardeners, plumbers & all sorts advertising their services, I'm sure there is a local page or two for your area that you can tout for work in. As for tax fraud, the onus would be on the employee to sort out his or her own tax returns if they are self-employed as such, assuming the extra money they earn takes them over the yearly tax-free allowance when combined with their normal work.