1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Finger, Thumb Nails

Discussion in 'General' started by Corky42, 12 Jan 2018.

1. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So what is it with fingernails and thumbnails, is it just my thumbnails that grow slower than my fingernails?

I mean what's their game, don't they know it's a PITA having to cut them at different times. :)

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Never had a problem, always bit them beyond biting.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Toenails I hate cutting toenails. Though something quitevweird happened recently with the toenail on the big toe of the right foot. I felt it catching on the duvet cover and when I looked with a view to cutting the thing I discovered that the nail was broken almost half the way down the nail and the break went halfway across. How I did this is a mystery, how I did this without requiring immediate emergency medical treatment for the pain that surely came with such a break is an even mystery. I have chopped off what I can and am keeping an eye on this weird situation.

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

If we contemplate this from a Darwinian perspective to determine how our bodies evolved such properties then I would imagine that longer fingernails would allow you to dig in, and gain traction on the scalp. Whereas, if the thumbnails grew at the same rate it might prove difficult to rotate and pivot them in to the sockets and gouge out the eyeballs. :rock:

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

That is an interesting point, however I would have thought that longer thumbnails would aid in the process by serving as cutting tools for the ocular nerves and muscles.