1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress finished first build, any ideas of what to add to it?

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by damo_kb8, 15 Jun 2011.

1. damo_kb8

damo_kb8 What's a Dremel?

finished first build a few months ago, please view my album to see the project, any ideas of what i could add to it? make it better? water cooling? all ideas welcome, and will post pics when done, thanks

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Nice hardware :thumb:.

IMHO, I'd make those cables hidden or at least sexier (sleeving ?). Maybe black powder coated case interior.

I'd add panels to hide the PSU and the 5.25" bay, leaving the sole mobo visible. I'd change that side panel too, or mod it (I'm not a fan of big windows).

That is only my humble opinion and works for me :blush:

3. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

BLUEHORSESTUDIOS I haven't lost a finger yet!

Cable management , paint the interior.. But great job on your first rig!

4. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

5. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Depends how deep into it you want to go I'm a big fan of a painted interior but that means ripping the case apart sanding it then spray painting leaving it to dry for like a week and then riveting it all back together.

As mentioned as well a panel for the PSU and bays would make things look neater and assist in hiding the cables. Perhaps an LED kit like this.

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_accessories/sleeved_led_kit_-_blue

To show off all that new hardware?

Biggest thing I'd say would be get those cables tidied up and hidden or as mentioned above sleeved(Voids warranty keep in mind)

Watercooling can make any build look cooler however for a decent set-up your sitting at £200-300 and it needs maintained unlike air cooling and not really worth it unless you OC

6. bruce_rob

bruce_rob What's a Dremel?

nice build mate, i think the guys above have said all i was going to say, i have one fo the lights with the link above and they are wicked, nice and easy to instal, very bright, and look great.
    i may have some water cooling bits up for grabs, zalman reserator, pump, and cpu block.
    let me know if your interested.
    thanks rob

7. damo_kb8

damo_kb8 What's a Dremel?

thanks for all your ideas ill see what i can get, and thanks for the comments on the build, the bit-tech forums help with advise while building and getting parts, @bruce_rob im intrested in your water cooling bits would i be add a vga block to that system aswell ect ect??

8. bruce_rob

bruce_rob What's a Dremel?