1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Finished! SUPER PICTURE HEAVY! "Project Three Leaves" - Tristellar - eucalyptus

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by eucalyptus, 21 Oct 2015.

1. Zenator

Zenator Minimodder

That looks Sweet. :thumb: Awesome! job with the lighting. :D

2. eucalyptus

eucalyptus I am 19 and Swedish!

It's even better now with the panels on and lights in the reservoirs :)

I have hoped I would be done 2 weeks ago, or long far earlier than that. But things just take time.

It's so weird. I've been without my "gaming" computer since August last year, I am so used to just look at my pieces in the garage.... Not even hungry about getting it done since I am so used to not gaming anymore... Only have my Macbook pro for doing homework and web surfing.

But thanks Ken! :D I will send you a pm when I am done have some photos to ready to be photoshopped ;) hehe

3. Cown

Cown Minimodder

Beautiful case I must say, nice job! :thumb:

Just made my order from cooler kit for an upcoming project! Great place to get what you need, at least here in Denmark, no discount though :eeek:

4. eucalyptus

Thanks a lot man! :D :)

Yeah Coolerkit is awesome, very helpful too via mail - quick answers, extremely quick.

Send an email to Mads and you may get a discount if you ask nicely ;) Can't promise anything though :)

What are you planning to do? :dremel: :idea:

5. coalminer071

coalminer071 What's a Dremel?

This case somehow reminds me of the Razer logo. lol..

6. eucalyptus

Hello, my friends,

A few very sad things happened...

So, I thought I could give you an update about it. I was going to finish, and move my new computer into the house and put it on my desk earlier this week.

But at Sunday night, I turned it off and then on Monday morning my Asrock X99 ITX motherboard had died by itself. No hard feelings against Asrock, the mobo worked for a maximum of 10 hours and hopefully gets an RMA....

This is how far I come before it went to deep depression and honestly just want to throw it all in the lake and forget it... :wallbash:

As I didn't have had enough problems already :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21 May 2016
  7. eucalyptus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 May 2016
  8. Supercluster

Supercluster I dream in G-code

Beautiful craftsmanship.

I'm amazed with how symmetrical you got the tubing to be considering the complexity of the bends! Must've taken considerable energy investment.

It seems to me that you don't game since you've discovered something better... You've engineered something and crafted it with your own hands. That kind of satisfaction can never be achieved with gaming.

Remember to take time to enjoy your work, otherwise there's no point in doing it.

One question: How do I obtain those clear power connectors?

9. eucalyptus

Thanks a lot Cluster!! You made my day :D :D :)

Yeah the bends are insane, the front pieces took 2 hours EACH.... Everything done by free hand, no bending tools :p

I will get some final pictures soon with a real camera. Then I will get you a closer look on all the tubing and all the bends :) There is just so much more than what the pictures is showing right now.

About the clear connectors, I guess you mean the ones plugged into the PSU. Those are Super Flower, as the PSU - Super Flower and specially made for this psu. That's what makes this brand kinda unique though they have their own design on the connectors, which is both pros and cons :) :dremel:

Anyway, I can really recommend Super Flower. Their support may sucks, and warranty may be a problem if you can't get a deal with your supplier. But the quality of the products and the design is unbeatable! :clap: It's a butterfly :jawdrop: I think mine is actually 850W platinum on 165mm, which is extremely small compared to others. My second alternative would've been a Silverstone, they make some crazy small and very powerful psu :)

10. Supercluster

When photographing try to take pictures continually all around and then slowly work your way onto the details and inside the case. This way you help the viewer create a 3D image and enjoy the experience more. And the golden unwritten rule, take many, many, show a few.

I just might buy a Super Flower PSU to harvest the connectors :D.

My personal preference is Seasonic, I'm waiting for those titanium rated 1000W (also short) with 10 year warranties, not because i need 1000W but because I plan to run them passively.

For SFX, yeah, Silverstone is the way to go for now, but that's only due to limited competition, and I dislike monopolized markets.

If I were to build an SFF case now (short cards and m-ITX), I would probably go for HD-Plex 250W (x2 if needed) with external power bricks, it just saves so much volume, plus can be used with batteries etc...

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Damn, That's awesome.:D
    I hope you get your RMA. -Hell, they should send you 2 boards if they knew what it was going into.

12. eucalyptus

Thanks buddy :D

I managed, ALL thanks to Asrock Netherlands to get a RMA :) :thumb:

Since my dealer in Sweden couldn't take it in. I had many hours discussion with them, they had my build logs and all pictures and stuff. They said "you have modded it to death".... :duh: :worried: :confused: :nono:

Asrock RMA application didn't even get an answer. But after I found an email to the Netherlands, gave them ALL information, everything, they said "No problem, we will fix it for you".

I even asked TWICE about the painted heatsinks, and they were like "No problem, we don't mind the painted heatshinks, they are no problem" :D :clap: That's what I call service!

And if my project, with thousands of viewers (In Sweden my thread has almost 16K) had an impact on their decision? Yeah I bet so :lol:

But it's all working now, everything is completed and I am just waiting for a free day off to take some lovely pictures :) :rock:

Anyway Cheapskate, may I ask where is your project? I am following your build log. But the updates are kind a slow, don't you think? Actually, I am not saying to be nice or anything, but you really made me hooked up your project and I am sitting here and waiting, and waiting :brrr: :brrr: :brrr: :D :dremel:

Last edited: 12 Apr 2016
  13. Dragonphreak

Dragonphreak Minimodder

eucalyptus,

This is one hell of a build! I love the color and all the painting. Top notch work all around! I'm incredibly impressed by your tubing bends.

Mod On!

14. eucalyptus

I am deeply sorry for my late answer! I saw your post earlier and was in a hurry. Sorry!

And thanks for you kind words buddy! :)

15. eucalyptus

The project is 110% completed now, and here comes over 80 pictures :) Totally un-edited, so no fancy effects that can trick your mind. It's only with the camera :)

There is 3 Albums, one called "Night Vision" -which is pictures taken during midnight under complete dark except the computer itself, second one "Daylight" -with pictures from the sun shining in the background lighting everything up, and the third one "Desktop" -which is on the whole setup.

SPOILER NOT WORKING!

Night Vision - Enjoy!

*Pictures are not in specific order, took hours already to just sort them out of the <350 pictures I took*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 3 May 2016
  16. eucalyptus

SPOILER NOT WORKING!

Daylight - Enjoy!

*Pictures are not in specific order, took hours already to just sort them out of the <350 pictures I took*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 3 May 2016
  17. eucalyptus

SPOILER NOT WORKING!

Desktop - Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chairboy likes this.
  18. Supercluster

Enjoyed the photographs.

Many months of hard work concluded with a photo-session. Congratulations!

19. eucalyptus

I am both happy, and very sad that this projekt is now finished, once and for all though!

It's been an incredible journey, just AMAZING!

And it wouldn't have been anything WITHOUT YOU PEOPLE!!!! You are the best! You don't know how much I appreciate your support, your sweet words and your lovely kindness. You make me so happy :) :D

I will never forget you.

Of course, I would like to say thanks again to Mads from Coolerkit (www.coolerkit.com) for his support and that he actually believed in a crazy, back then, 18 years old Swede with his mind up in the clouds and dreaming about green and white in the same sentence as water cooling. And I had not even built a computer before... Barely knew all the parts until I took the whole summer to teach myself all about it.

[​IMG]

So here we are today, with what, in my opinion, is my dream computer and a master piece I built with both heart and passion and with the few skills and tools I had in hand. I couldn't be happier with the result, no matter how much the Swedish people is voting down my project and gives it negative feedback, it just shows they don't know anything about it.

I hope this isn't a goodbye, but I will miss this, just maybe another smaller project will show up in the future, only money and time can decide.

Thanks again, thanks to everyone! Keep modding and stay safe <3

20. eucalyptus

I am glade you liked the photos! :) :blush: :D Really tried my best since I managed to borrow Mom's camera which is not even comparable to my phone :eeek:

Some say it is too many photos, but I know a lot of people have asked for extra photos, and I mean, the build has SO MANY curves that it deserves the different angles.