1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Firefox 3.5 released this Tuesday

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Jun 2009.

1. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

It's not finalised yet and there will almost certainly be some more additions to it, especially if Google get there way.

2. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Mate, to be fair, Chrome doesn't have even a quarter of the features that FireFox has, plus Chrome is based on the FireFox engine, so yeah, it's basically FireFox with no features, hence why it is a *tiny* bit faster. But lets face it, your speed aint really based on your browser, it's your ISP.

3. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

nice to know, but i'll stick with kameleon on my netbook, it is the fastest browser with (nearly) full functionality i could find, and it kicks ass! :p (btw, is there already any site in HTML5?)

4. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Completely wrong, Chrome & FF share no real amount of code. Chrome is webkit based.

5. Eloquence

Eloquence The cake is a lie!

Chrome uses Webkit, Firefox uses Gecko.

6. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

I can't really see why Chrome lovers bother making the speed argument to hardcore Firefox users - none of them will switch to Chrome for 30% faster speed (I made that up, don't kill me!) if they can't replicate the featureset of Firefox and its extensions.

I'm not even particularly crazy with extensions, either; all I use are Stylish, NoScript, DownThemAll, and Adblock, and when I tried Chrome I couldn't bear using it for more than three days before I went back to the comfort of my Firefox.

Until Chrome plugins start coming out and implementing all these features us Firefox users are accustomed to having, Google is going to have a hard time selling Chrome to the educated masses.

7. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

You forget the most important plug-in of all....the demotivational poster maker :thumb:

8. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

For all you people that trust in Chrome,...... that comes from google!!! Your all crazy. You probably have tool bars on your browser and love them also. You might as well have a key logger attached to your keyboard. As you type, your text is sent back to Google(Including HTTPS). Thats a serious invasion. I hope your don't login to bank accounts and such with Chrome. It protects your against everything but itself. It can be fixed, but who wants to support a browser that takes advantage of the uneducated? Very few want to learn, just believe. But don't take my word for it.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/39176/108/

http://blogs.computerworld.com/chrome_googles_biggest_threat_to_your_privacy

http://www.securitymanagement.com/news/googles-new-chrome-browser-vulnerable-exploits-004616

Last edited: 29 Jun 2009
  9. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Oh, lighten the **** up :duh:

10. Perforated

Perforated What's a Dremel?

re: private browsing, was I really the only person here that just created a second firefox profile for it? It's easy enough, keeps everything distinct, and a quick change of desktop icon & noremote keeps it from being opened accidentally.

Am I the only person that likes to be able to safely bookmark the seedier side of the web?

11. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

sweet, its just disturbing to find fanboy-ism on browsers nowadays, lol, imho, your ISP still plays a major role on how fast your browser loads pages, but its just me, I just want a browser that works,lol

12. TWeaK

TWeaK Guest

Have you not noticed that each of those articles is from the same date (4 Sep 08), covering the same story? Don't you think Google have sorted that out now, 9 months down the line? I remember there was the stir about Google's EULA where they claimed copywright to anything, that was sorted within a week.

Btw, I'm not a hardcore Chrome fan. I actually use Opera, although I'm on the fence about using other browsers. I'm just used to what I've got, and I love my mouse gestures.

13. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

Tweak,

Sand box Chrome. Google will always want to collect your data. Thats what they do. They have improved security from the outside threats but they have not stopped the data collection within their browser at default. You can stop it from doing that, but my point is, they obviously are taking advantage of the unknowing.

Tags: Add Tags