1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Firefox 3 Beta 1 available

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Nov 2007.

1. OleJ

OleJ Me!

It supports ICC4 (Colour profiles) Whoooo!
    That is so awesome. No more are pictures dull or misdisplayed. I'm very happy so far :) Now there's both Safari and Firefox supporting color profiles. I guess IE is the last one sitting on their fingers ;)

2. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

as usual lol, so far im quite impressed and the speed boost is very noticeable on a crap dialup connection

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Just got round to installing Opera (9.5b) again. Was going along using IE7 but realised I missed the flexibility and lightness of Opera. Now if there was a WLive toolbar for it- seems I'm gonna have to load up IE still every time I want to synchronise my bookmarks with my Live account :(.

<A88>

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Download manager is cool :)

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Fireforx 2 does that

6. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

imo its the one thing i havent like as much as ff2, the first two things are minor... dl time in minutes doesnt convert it to hours and minutes, (probalbe fixable), the clear up buttons gone (just right click and its in the listbox) but it supposed to have better pausing features that pauses fine but wont restart at all

7. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

damn right. I dropped firefox about a year ago after a friend reccomended Opera to me.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2007
  8. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Firefox's extensions easily kick opera's ass though

I agree, opera, in most other ways is superior, however, firefox still rapes opera in terms of extensions

9. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Opera comes with all the stuff you need inbuilt and optimised. Firefox comes with nothing and makes you download all the extras, coded by some 16 year old in his bedroom, and the extension framework is buggy and leaks memory like no tomorrow.
    Plus, Opera supports Greasemonkey natively, as well as it's widgets, quite a few of the fx extensions can be shrunken down into JS.

10. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Or you could get the Google browser sync extension and use FF

thats quite an achievement:clap:, especially as IE is so ingrained into the kernel it doesn't show all its memory. (or has that changed?)
    Downloading soon, especially as my FF2 keeps crashing :(

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Opera has its own bookmark sync utility built in which is pretty well-done, I just prefer to have everything accessible from one account.

<A88>

12. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

sounds good my debian lappy is pretty slow so any improvment to memory usage or cpu use is awsome as FF2 take about 30s to load!

13. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

much faster load times. It reminds me of going from phone to cable, except much less of a difference. but it is noticeable!

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Didn't MS say they'd deny almost every program kernel access to reduce the possibility of running "bad" software?

Anyways... the first big difference I noticed was that FF 3 does NOT run in admin mode under Vista... no "yes, run FF and stop asking me, stupid!" dialog anymore. Definitely a good thing. :)
    And it's faster.

15. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Only in 64bit vista i believe

16. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Hotmail Live won't run properly for me. It says you need IE6 or Firefox 1.5 and above. So I have to resort back to classic mode and it won't let me change it back to live mode. I've even uninstalled the beta version and it's still telling me I can't run live mode because I have an incompatible browser. It's not been my ****ing week for computers. :miffed:

Tags: Add Tags