1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Firefox stopped working

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sc0rian, 20 Apr 2005.

1. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Ok,

I know why, its because im at college, i've had enough of gay IE, not doing things. So I got firefox working on my usb pen, and firefox loads my profile of the usb pen, so i can use firefox anywhere. I get this problem tho.

[​IMG]

As you can see the error. Gay ISA server. I guess its scanning the cilent and seeing its not IE and not accepting it as its a 403 error?. Is there a way around this, or can i edit firefox to be version as IE when it isnt??

Or is there something else.

Edit: I forgot to say, if I go to my local internet(internel one) it works fine.

I first off thought it was proxy. But then it wouldnt be 403?

I found this http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;842612
    - S

2. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

I could have swore that I read on the Firefox forums that there is a way to make Firefox broadcast that it is Internet Explorer. But I can't find it again now. :sigh: It may have something to do with the about:config settings like general.useragent.vendor. That is set to Firefox by default. I tried playing around with it looking on a forum that has one of danasoft things that says "Your IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. You ISP is blah. You are using Firefox. etc". When I tried to set that config property to Internet Explorer, it showed up as Netscape in the danasoft thing. So it may just be a case of finding the right name to put in there. But I take no responsibility if you try and mess something up! I did try IE and it made it so that I could no longer connect to any site. :D

3. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Nevermind, wrong problem.

4. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Just as a warning....I tried to change that config property to MSIE, which appears to be what you would use for internet explorer. After I did that...I had to uninstall Firefox and reinstall. It would not startup because the version of the java plugin was not an IE version. So it would just freeze on startup and never actually load. :wallbash:

Just wanted to make sure you learned from my mistake. :thumb:

5. Sc0rian

oops Deviate.

Maybe ther is a guide or something, someone must of done it. I cant stand using IE at my college, i need firefox. Also my website (admin section) doesnt work properly

- S

6. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

7. Sc0rian

Tags: