1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dodge, 23 Oct 2004.

1. quack

quack Minimodder

Weird, I've never noticed any problem with file extensions going missing, on any of my installs.

Are you running any Firefox Extensions? If so, have you tried disabling them all, and re-enabling them one by one to see if that makes any difference?

2. Scorpsel

Scorpsel Imaginary Time

Opera user here, but i want to try firefox 1.0 to see if i can get used to it this time ;)

However.. I cant seem to find any mouse gestures that work with 1.0? Can't live without them :hehe:

help?

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

4. Scorpsel

Scorpsel Imaginary Time

Thanks for that page.. I was a bit lost digging in the mess that is the mozilla websites :)

It's working now, posting this with FF. :D

5. RTT

RTT #parp

I just installed a nightly build of FF from the mozilla.org FTP. I needed to reinstall FF 'cos I wanted the developer tools (forgot to install them first time round :duh: ) so though i'd go for the latest version I could possibly get... Buggy as hell - page sources not updated and much stuff like that :blah:

Anyone else found this? Maybe it was just the nightly build I got a hold of (22nd Jan) Back to 1.0 + developer tools :thumb:

6. uwannabigmak

uwannabigmak What's a Dremel?

Sorry if this has been brougt up already, but is it possible to use the back/forward mouse buttons in firefox? i just got firefox and realized how much better it is, but i like my back/forward buttons...

7. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

im guessing you mean the assigned mouse buttons. i have a mx1000, in its control pannel i can set what key stokes are executed when i press the mouse button, set forward to alt+right and back to alt + left

hope this helps.

@rtt

Ive had a few problems with the nightlys but i dont keep viewing page source, so im dont notice those kind of problems... ill have a look arround see what i can come up with :)

8. RTT

RTT #parp

They work here, you may have to set them up in your mouse properties or something? :thumb:

I also feel compelled to tell you that wheel-clicking on links opens in a new tab, and that mouse gestures IMO are waaaay better than mouse forward/backward buttons :D

9. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

unless you have a mx1000 and you have the 2 buttons on the side of the mouse :D

mouse gestures are cool, as is the middle click thing, it doesnt always work though when its a javascript button :)

10. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Yeah, I have a Mx510 and I use the buttons. I used to use mouse gestures but the buttons on the side are slightly faster. Still sometimes find myself using mouse gestures to go back and forward though. So many options! And to think, some retards move their mouse ALL THE WAY across the screen, and click the "back" button like inefficient losers.

As far as I know though, you don't need to set anything up to use mouse buttons with firefox? I just plugged my mouse in and all the buttons work fine (Without drivers even).

The tabbrowser preferences are good if you like links to be opened in different tabs (without having to use the middle buttom). I dunno if it works for Java links though.

11. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

The nightlies are sort of for gamma testing. Some people just like bug-testing, others use ME. :D

12. RTT

RTT #parp

While I have firefox on the brain - could anyone reading using FF post the amount of RAM it's using and how much total RAM you have & any extensions installed? I often find that FF eats 100MB+ RAM. The only extension I have installed is Adblock.

13. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

thats the firefox memory leak, it doesnt free up the memory when you close tabs
    if you open up a huge image heavy thread a few times, then close the tabs memory usage stays about the same
    sucks but all you have to do is close FF every now and then :)

14. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Yeah. Right now mine is only using up about 32 megs, but I haven't had it open for long. But I have noticed when I'm at work using WebSphere Application Developer or a couple of instances of IntelliJ while I'm browsing in Firefox I'll run though the 768 MB that system has in a hurry. If I try to leave it up over night, the system is unuseable the next day. :sigh: But that's really not much of a problem 99% of the time.

15. RTT

RTT #parp

Ok, so not just me then. I sort of found that the more extensions I had (particularly tab browser extensions) the more laggy things became.

Still, it's a small price to pay and I don't have a gig of RAM for nothing - I don't bother closing FF when it is eating a lot of RAM; I just open it in the morning and close it at night :)

Currently 93mb FF hoggage :hip: :rock:

16. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

17. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I see, Ram usage was 35MB, now 10 mins later its 80MB! And thanks RTT for the comment on the middle button usage, didn't know that, it'll save me time now!

18. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) What's a Dremel?

I thinks that firefox is much more better than ie.

19. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

Tags: