1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Firestick auto run one app in kiosk mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by dynamis_dk, 31 Aug 2019.

1. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I've had a quick google and I can't come up with anything obvious. I'm thinking there might be some 3rd party android apps which force Kiosk on a Firestick (as I'm the MDM guy at work - sadly lol) so my thinking is something which we use on the phones might be available as an app.

Has anyone done this before?

Basically going to give me daughter a new TV (old, 2nd hand) and its not smart so I'm going down the firestick route as I have one kicking around. I'd like to have it locked to Netflix only, no access to system settings etc, auto start Netflix and that's her lot :)

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I really doubt you can do anything to modify the way the Firestick boots up without some sort of jailbreak. Amazon likely lock all that sort of thing down.

Best option would probably be to use the parental controls built in. You can protect settings and what apps can be used that way.

3. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I hadn't thought to look at the parental control side of things, natural instinct is 'there's an app for that' lol.

I'll have a google on them and see what comes up. Cheers :)

4. nimbu

nimbu Modder

http://www.jocala.com/

Thats what I used to use for Kodi on my Amazon devices, not sure if you can do more with it in line with what you would like to do.