1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling First Aqua Computer Watercooling build...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrb_no1, 16 Jul 2009.

1. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

Good day all ye bit-techers,

long time reader first time poster...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not really.

*RANT* can i just say before i go any further, that once you've read this if you just blurt out something like go for a high flow setup and use dangerden gear as itz da bomb then you can p$$$ off. Unless you expand your argument to actually make it worth posting then dont bother *RANT*

Right to the point, i'm moving over to wc from air. And i am going aquacomputer all the way because well, i'm in love with their gear and have read endless bit n bobs on it and learnt alot. I've reached the point where i think i have my shopping list and wanted someone with a keen eye to look at it for me, to maybe make a recommendation for a piece of hardware, maybe a simple suggestion or just to point something out that might be a wc faux pas.

the parts are coming from 2 different companies, partly directly from aquacomputer in germany and the rest from kustompcs in Scotland, which is part of the reason i want this checked as i dont want to order from germany twice.

Via Aqua computer

Product Number
    41061 aquastream XT USB 12V Pumpe - Ultra Version PUMP

41021 Decoupling set for pump installations PUMP INSTALLATION are they needed?

41078 Connector set for 1046 und aquastream to G1/4 without fittings PUMP adapters

23472 aquagratiX für HD 4890 (RV790) / HD 4870 (RV770 XT) G1/4 GFX COOLER

24189 twinplex pro Chipset ASUS Fusion Block und Rampage II Extreme G1/4 CHIPSET COOLER

90003 Connector plug&cool straight G 1/4 12 CONNECTORS for use on all other connections plus 2 spare.

90060 Connector plug&cool elbow G 1/4, ELBOW CONNECTORS WITH BANJO BOLT for use with GFX Block

90006 Connector plug&cool elbow G 1/4 2 ELBOW CONNECTORS for use on the pump and reservoir

34902 aquabay AT Rev. 1.5 INSTALLATION BAY FOR AQUATUBE

61003 Tubing PUR natur, UV-aktiv, plug&cool TUBING

34919 Illumination-insert G1/4 incl. gasket for aquatube G1/4 PLUG FOR LED INSTALLATION?

95025 LED BLUE ultrabright, 5 mm LED

Via KUSTOM PC's

7852 Aquacomputer cuplex XT di 478 / 775 Block G1/4 CPU BLOCK

7768 Aquacomputer Ramplex Block RAM COOLER

7704 AquaComputer AquaBay Alu Silver Fascia AQUABAY FASCIA

7752 AquaComputer Aquatube Silver 8mm P&C RESERVOIR - AQUATUBE

7827 Aquacomputer Airplex XT 360 Radiator RADIATOR

i was also hoping to get and aquajet aswell but they are out of stock and aquacomputer only do one with smaller threads on so cant order from there.

i'll be buying some silent noctua fans for the rad but i know my fans so i'm not bothered about that. and the cooling liquid will be feser 1, which was profiled on brett thomas' old watercooling guide that he started some 12-18 months ago.

I know this looks like a mountain to go through but i'd be really greatful if anyone in the know could take ten mins to have a look and let me know please. i'm just making the paint sketches so you can see how it will look (currently on paper) and i'll be posting a pic of the case it'll be sitting in. thanks for your time people, its a big spend, just over £400 all in with a few extra bits, cables n what not so i'd be extremely grateful.

hmmm, if i see that i've forgotten to mention something on the list, i'll add it. feel free to point anything out, its my first wc build!

peace

fatman

the rig

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Jul 2009
  2. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Hey,

Glad to see another Aquacomputer fan :) i personally love the stuff as i used it in my first build and have had alot of experience with it ever since.

Looking down you list you do have alot of items right but there are also a few points to take in to consideration.

Through out the list you have been using the G1/4 blocks and connectors which its fine. The problem is the Aquatube and ram blocks are using G1/8 threads, which means you will need different fittings and these will become a slight bottleneck in the system.

I would opt for the G1/4 version of the aquatube. Another point about the aquatube is you have chose the alu version and its not really advised to mix Alu with copper when you can avoid it so the Derlin Aquatube would be ideal. i have linked you to the white version that lights up really nicely with some leds ;)

Or of you want to go the whole hog you can get this version - LINK

As for the ram block you want this bad boy - link

Finally for the connectors and all the G1/4 threads your using i would ditch plug and cool in favour for 10/8mm compression fittings. you get the same benefits of plug and cool with slightly better flow :)

you might also want to check out the "small" range of Aquacomputers items we stock

3. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

thanks for the reply, comment noted on increasing the fitting size to allow more flow and the ram cooler aswell as the aquatube will be changed. your site is very nice, and i didnt even know that it existed. cheers

oh does anyone have an answer for my next question, fill ports and bleeding lines. Bleeding needs to be at the lowest point and the fill port at the highest. But does the fill port need to before or after anything as my rad, res and pump are going sit almost at the very same height in the case, will this be a problem?

thanks

fatman

4. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

In this sort of setup you use the Aquatube as the fill port and have a valve at the lowest point in the system.

To drain the system all you do i open the valve, tip the case back and unscrew the top of the aquatube slightly and it will drain itself :)