1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News First art of Warren Spector's new Disney game?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Jul 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

this looks really dark! a sort of evil kingdon hearts type disney game, i'm actually quite excited, regardless of what genre this would fall into in the end. i'm not expecting an FPS, though.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Reminds me a bit of the direction American McGee took with Alice. Twisting children's stories into something creppy and adult is a sure fire win. Coupled with a truly awesome steam punk look is making me extremely excitied about this.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

^ What they said.

5. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

I was kind of hoping it was based on the new Tron, but this looks good too.

6. Slyporkie

Slyporkie Fear not the bacon

Twisted Tales

I always thought that Disney was the one to twist the children's tales. Fairy Tales were originally designed to put fear into children, not entertain them, so in fact, McGee was closer to the "original" than Disney.

A lot of Disney's cartoons are Grimm Brothers stories made tame!

Enough useless information tho, the art direction looks great, might make Walt turn in his grave tho!:D

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You're right, but it actually goes further than that. The Brothers Grimm books were actually tamed, modernised versions of even older stories. Often they didn't even have a moral or a point, they were just folk-tales. I'm actually reading a facsimile of the original translation of Hans Christian Anderson's fairtales, and I tell you, some of them are just weird beyond belief. No real beginnings, middle, or ends, and certainly no message, just a bit of a snap-shot of an event.

That said, I'm afraid Mickey Mouse was always just designed to entertain.

Tags: Add Tags