1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice First Custom Build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by megamuel, 6 May 2011.

1. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Try unplug the gental typhoon and see if it's quiter. If it is then just take it out of pop in another fractal.

Build looks great!

2. megamuel

megamuel What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Just noticed something though. Don't know why I didn't notice this sooner but they seem to have sent me this RAM http://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-...0-(1600)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-150v Instead of this RAM http://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-...600)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-165v I'm a bit annoyed as I've clearly already installed it. I ordered that particular RAM as it had 3 stars on SCAN as opposed to the RAM they sent me which has 2 stars :-(

Could someone please tell me the difference between the 2 and should I contact SCAN for a swap?

Sam.

3. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

There exactly the same only difference is the one you have is the one optimised for sandy bridge as it runs at 1.5v

Everything else e.g
    9-9-9-24 timings and 1600mhz

Is the same. The lower volts is better

4. megamuel

megamuel What's a Dremel?

Ah so they sent me the better one? That's good then I don't feel too bad now!

5. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

Higher volts = higher temps.

Sandybridge mobos use 1.5v ram even though you can move to 1.65v it's best to keep it at 1.5v as over volting can reduce lifespan.