1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows First Google search result redirects :o

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by davidfield375, 12 Aug 2009.

1. davidfield375

davidfield375 Hardware Mods

Virus Program: Nod 32

So one of the computers in the office has decided to get infected with a virus :< ...I have tried running spybot but it fails to start..not even in safe mode, I also tried the following tutorial http://www.myantispyware.com/2009/01/24/how-to-remove-windowsclickcom-redirect-uacdsys-trojan/ but failed on the first step due to the driver not been present!

When running nod32 it either crashes or says its found various entries which it can't remove..

Anybody had the same problem and managed to resolve it? Without formatting that is!

2. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Sounds like its a windows resident virus..:(

Have you tried making an antivirus bootdisk(CD) and booting that before you get to windows and trying to remove it before windows starts.

Nod32s supposed to be a good virus removal program...if that cant get rid of it...eeekkk

3. funkm@sterp

funkm@sterp What's a Dremel?

have you tried starting in safe mode - disable system restore, restart into safe mode again.
    Try run an AV program even teh free AVG - once finshed enable system restore and restart.

4. ThunderBob

ThunderBob What's a Dremel?

As Funk said. Turn of System Restore. reboot into Safe mode. try running your AV/Spyware software.

A program i have had a lot of luck with is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware it will run in both normal and safe mode. Seems to get rid of a lot of stuff. :)

5. glendronach

glendronach Minimodder

Go back to the removal tutorial site and read through the comments especially the one about not finding UACd.sys

6. CyCoLeS

CyCoLeS If it ain't broke...give it to me

helped a friend with a similar problem, no antivirus or antispyware program would run or install :jawdrop: resolved issue by downloading Malwarebytes;save it to your DESKTOP but call it something else BEFORE you save it, run in safemode with system restore off, then install Trojan Remover. best of luck:thumb: