1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music First guitar?

Discussion in 'General' started by freedom810, 22 Apr 2008.

1. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

If you go for an electric, go for an epiphone (they're made of serious win for the price). electrics have a lower action than acoustics, meaning way easier to play. You should really learn to read the notations other than tabs, because you can start to get the feel for the song without hearing it first and you usually can play more accurately.

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

im sorry but you are reccomending a marshall solidstate :jawdrop: please, dont listen to them, marshall solid states and hybrid amps are notoriously BAD, please get a roland cube!
    marshall solid states have about as much quality as any starter package you will find on the internet, and tbh you wont be hearing the instrument, any 3rd order harmonics or anything. plus the roland has the ability to emulate different amplifiers, from traditional black panel vox ac30's all the way to mesa triple rectifier distortion! admittadly not fully accurately, but a lot more tone availible for a starter than just a tinny horrible distortion and some effects which you cant control the rate of.

also the roland is a nicer package, you arent buying a name, your buying something which you can actually hear what your playing. its not my word arguing this, its most of harmony central, the ibanez official forums and not forgetting everyone on ultimate guitar which will also tell you the same.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

To be fair your first guitar should be a) cheap b) crap as you will damage/dent/break/chip it etc. etc. Plus the worse the guitar you start on, the better you are when you progress to a good guitar. You can't go wrong with a Squier, I'm very fond of mine despite it sounding a bit ****, and in all honestly budget guitars these days are a damn sight better than they were 20 years ago, as long as you go for a big brand name you can't honestly go wrong. You will end up feeling the need to get a new one pretty quickly if you progress with the instrument, but if you don't, they'll provide you with everything you need. Really don’t spend ages choosing your first guitar, because all guitars are different and I guarantee after a while you’ll learn what you like and it might well not be the guitar you originally picked up. And this isn’t something you can work out before hand, so just go with whatever is a good deal and work from there.

I will say: persevere. The guitar is a hard instrument to get to grips with initially but after a very short period you'll get the basics and then its more plain sailing. My other main bit of advice is always try to learn something just outside your ability range, that way you’re always being pushed and before you know it you’re a god amongst bedroom guitarists.

Oh and PS: Gibsons sux, Ibanez rulezes 4eva! :)lol:)

Tags: