1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware First Look: Corsair CM3X1024-1333C9DHX

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 May 2007.

1. Henk

Henk Uninformed Opinionist

Yes, I agree with that. It was just the wording "really very well" that caught my attention, it didn't look right :worried: I guess I'm a bit too picky sometimes :duh:

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

OK, spose it's down to interpretation ;) I didn't mean "they're performance is bar setting" because clearly DDR2 is currently better.

3. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

I was wondering, what you would be able to bring the DDR3 1520MHz up to after overclocking it with the Asus P5K3 mother board, I know that you can do like 90% overclocking but can the RAM handle that or does it get to hot and give up? Also do you think we will see DDR4 in PCs before 2020? DDR2 held on for a long time and I still have DDR2 400MHz, thats only about 3x less then what is now out with DDR3 and I got it like only 2 or 3 years ago. Video cards use DDR4 and they are at 2200MHz now, so were does DDR3 stop and DDR4 start, like what speeds?

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Apparently DDR4 is already in planning - I think I read that somewhere. Don't take my word for it though, as I'm not -entirely- sure.

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

DDR4 is probably in planning, Intel are probably planning the next two generations of Chips, the PS3 was in development before PS2 was released.

As soon as your research department is done with current tech, they research the next one.

6. ./^\.Ace./^\.

I know about the timeline for development but where are the speed list :confused: What is the highest speed that DDR3 is able to do? I know what the lowest is, It's 800MHz. Also what is the slowest and highest speed for DDR4 :confused: At what point will PC need to move to DDR4 because DDR3 isn't fast enough for them, not years but what speed does DDR3 max out at :confused:

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

DDR4 is 2010. Everything has a 3 year time frame except DDR which went longer than expected pushing DDR2 further down the road.

Everything depends on the development of modules and technological breakthroughs; sometimes we get good ones, sometimes nothing at all.

8. ./^\.Ace./^\.

But what about the speeds :wallbash: at what speed does DDR3 stop and DDR4 start :confused: you have a chart for DDR2 going to DDR3, do you have anything like that or any idea of what it might be :confused:

Tags: Add Tags