1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits First Look: Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 14 Jun 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Regardless of the logical conclusion, it's simply not possible for Apple to be anti-competitive at this stage, because their market share is in the toilet when compared to MS.

I doubt that's likely to change any time soon, unless they release cheap, decent, machines. $600 is not cheap in comparison to the rest of the options in the PC market.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

OSX is shiny!
    Other than that it's just like any other OS: It's great if you can use it and it runs everything you need, it sucks if you can't or it doesn't.

Now stop all the fanboy-talk. I'm tired. :p

3. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

heh, one day, Mac > Windows. Personally, i like Mac. It might not be the best, but all OS' have their faults. Even linux does. But, macs arent horrible. They have much more capability for CAD, and multimedia editing and its much more simplified (example is iWeb and Dreamweaver CS3, simple vs complex). And then there are the Mac only apps like GarageBand, which for me, is a must have. Vista = Fail. Windows 7 is looking more like Vista the more I use it. OSX seems to have a bit more structured design than linux, (Home folders in the sidebar, easy access, etc) but UNIX file system = win anyways so...

4. perplekks45

I don't think that OSX [or any Apple OS for that matter] will take over the majority of the market, not any time soon that is.
    Not if they don't open it to non-Apple PCs.

Simplified sounds to many geeks like n00b-ified and they get scared. Not a good way to sell OSs. :p

5. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

if M$ keeps up with Vista/Win Fail7, then *nix will be the majority, be it Mac OS X or Linux/BSD/Solaris...

6. perplekks45

Quick question:

What exactly is FAIL about Win7? :eyebrow:

7. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

It's insuperior to Apple? :thumb:

I'm not really sure that Apple has more CAD options, I've not looked into programs much but I've not seen any that weren't on Windows. Plus Dreamweaver isn't hard to learn.

8. perplekks45

Insuperior? As in: inferior? Or as in: equal?

Agree with the rest of the statement though.

9. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

:) from the demotivational thread

10. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

As nice as OSX is (and there are some bits I wish MS would just outright copy), its never going to gain major traction untill its let go from Apple only hardware. Would be a very interesting to see what MS does in response to that.

Anyhow Apples constant unfounded snipes at Windows are in bad taste. Cant they just rely on thier superior product to do the talking? They did not like it when the tables were turned with MS's 'lapop hunter' ads did they. :p

11. perplekks45

Palm, meet face.

Tags: Add Tags