1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling First loop advice.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wodgah, 29 Jan 2012.

1. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

So im putting together my first WC rig and im going to be building this from scratch, ive chosen the case i want to use and the colour scheme i have some parts already which i have sourced from a friend whos upgrading, now comes the next part which is choosing my own parts.

So the case i will be going for is the NZXT switch 810 (before anyways says otherwise i really like how this case looks it will be the white one).

My WC components so far are a Hardware Labs Black Ice GTX 360 Rad, and a Laing DDC-1+ Ultra Pump 600 with an XSPC Black top.

I need to find a CPU block and fittings mostly , i want black compression fittings so that doesnt leave me too many choices i know and i want a black coloured CPU block (no plexi and no nickel).

I realise the fittings will have to be chosen based on what tubing im going for but ATM thats the area i know the least about i feel , is there any advantage to thicker tubing ?

I very much like the look of the Mayhems Pastel fluid also and have seen glowing reviews from other people in other forums so be interested to know what ppl think.

I am also going to be cooling my GPU but as i have a 7970 the choice for that block is limited to 2 i believe for now and one is plexi which i dont want.

I have also been told to buy Scythe gentle typhoon fans for the rad so unless im told otherwise i will be going with them.

If anyone with more knowledge than me can look over this and tell me any hints or glaring mistakes ive made that would be great.

Thanks