1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics First Official Nvidia Omega Drivers Release!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Necrosis, 7 Jul 2002.

1. Necrosis

Necrosis What's a Dremel?

From Driverheaven.net & omegacorner.com

Yep, it's true, at last, the first Official release (non beta) of the Nvidia Omega drivers is out. It took a while to completely make the drivers work like I wanted them to work, but is done, and you won't belive the kind of quality they will provide. I managed to fix the D3D problem, so now D3D textures will look as good as the OpenGL ones in the second beta drivers and D3D applications will not take a serious HIT in performance like in the first beta drivers.

Let me warn you of something before you download:
    THESE DRIVERS ARE SLOWER THAN NVIDIA ORIGINALS!!!

Why?

Because the where made with QUALITY in mind, not speed. The speed hit will not be too high, from 1 to 8 FPS slower at most, but it could be higher in cards with 32MB of RAM or less, haven't tested but it should since the quality settings take a hit in FILL RATE, that's why it needs 64MB or more. For those of you who don't mind about the hit you are welcome to try them, I do care more about image quality than speed, since the nvidia cards are powerfull I don't think anybody would mind if Quake 3 runs at 98FPS with more quality than 104FPS with default quality.

These drivers where made as an "alternative" to anisotropic filtering, since enabling aniso would cause a MAJOR drop in performance, but with these drivers you WILL HAVE the same effect of aniso, but without the speed penalty. Also, the textures look A LOT better when FSAA is enabled, not blurred like before.

Hope you like the new Omega release since it was done with gamers in mind,
    Enjoy!

Download

Update:

Uploaded the "b" version of the XP drivers, the "a" version had a problem with OpenGL and GTA3 games not running, now is solved in the "b" version. If you downloaded the first version, please download the new one and make sure it says "1.0.42b".

Tags: