1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News First pirated HD DVD movie now on torrent

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 17 Jan 2007.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. orb

orb satisfying.

Looking at my sources theres a few of them out..

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Miami Vice, Superman Returns, Pitch Black, The Mummy, Batman Begins, The Chronicles of Riddick, Serenity..

I just wish there was a good way to burn them and the media and burner wasn't so expensive :(

3. quack

quack Minimodder

You know you could buy them... just a thought. ;)

4. orb

orb satisfying.

I actually own every HD-DVD movie released, I support the HD-DVD format over Blu-Ray, but I don't want to dip my hands in ripping them myself

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

My friends a p0rn star, i'll ask her what she thinks.

(btw, no im not kidding, she was a pole dancer at uni for the money lol, FILTHY girl)

6. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

BackupHDDVD will probably survive just fine - as I understand it, it simply implements the open decryption standard in the AACS system. It doesn't do the crucial step of cracking the decryption key from the disc - it has to be fed the key. So I suspect that BackupHDDVD will remain the tool for ripping the disc, but that the key-crack currently used (using a software player and a memory snooper, as I understand) will be defeated and a new method will have to be found.

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Uhm... so... will AutoGK transcode these to usable XviD files?

8. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

The interrnett is for poorrnnn.

Thankfully hard disk price vs capacity is coming down....

9. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering What's a Dremel?

I suppose there will be people who will download them if it gets around the problem of ICT flags and televisions with no HDCP support. I, for one, won't be buying into HD-DVD or Bluray for a while, as my 24" Dell screen doesn't have the necessary support - it's the old version. Still, from 10 feet away, is my life going to be missing that crucial something just because I don't have HD? Probably not. And I don't have the hard disk space for 19Gb movies.

10. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

shame Serenity sucks suck big time ass! No way would I waste 55 hours or 20GB of disk space on that trash.

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

That already happened quite a while ago actually, not that I'd know anything about that kind of stuff :p

TBH I'm perfectly happy "backing up" a normal DVD if it means 55 hour download to "backup" a HD movie.

12. quack

quack Minimodder

Why not? Surely that's quicker than downloading a copy which might end up being damaged/a fake?

13. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i wounder if they will create new codecs to encode hd content into something more managable.. tbh i wouldnt want to sit around for 55+ hours for a hd film to d/l... only people with massive connections will only bother d/l these

could this be a new way to stop people d/l films? make em sooo big no one will want them..

14. ajack

ajack rox

I hope you're joking ;)

15. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

As much as I would like to see an HD DVD movie on my machine at home, regardless of the time it would take to download, I actually *do* support the industry in that i buy all my dvd's. Only one's I download are the immediate releases that don't make it to the UK as when they're out in the US <grumble>.

Heh, the poor parents who pay for basic broad band and find their monthly allotted usage is triple exceeded when little johnny leaves his torrents on all day and nite.. :)

16. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

100kb/s isnt that bad, and with maxDSL in the UK the average is between 200 and 400 kb/s so anywhere fro 24 hours to 12 hours -- not at all bad, when you think that people were downloading DVDRs on dial up etc a few years back.

Serenity looks amazing in HD though, and well worth the time to get it if you can. Or go and buy it as the film rocks so much :)

17. furqan

furqan What's a Dremel?

Yeah I think most people who would actually download stuff would have a faster internet connection than be limited at 100kb/s... more like 1.2mb/s :)

18. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I guess it won't be long before we're all free to spend ninety months downloading a movie we could buy for a fiver.

Then find it's the Polish dub with Latvian subtitles.

I have, experimentally, tried pirating movies with emule. I've yet to get anything I'd actually want to watch, and that's got nothing to do with the resolution of the image.

Phil

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You do have the slight problem that this is bit torrent we're talking about, and no matter how many Mb/s you get, it's limited by the seeders.

20. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

This is old. I downloaded a Pron HD DVD a couple of months ago. Took along time but worth it :)

Tags: Add Tags