1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build - In Progress ⭐ First Scratch Build from 16 year old!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Floris, 8 Jan 2020.

1. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

Hi! I am Floris, 16 years old and I live in The Netherlands. I have been working for around 3 months on my project, when I started I didn't had any Idea where it would end but the result is finally here.

adidan and MLyons like this.
  2. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

3. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

I haven't got pictures of every step I did but I've got some. If there is someone who is interested, let me know and I'll post them.

4. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

But I haven't created this project log for nothing... I mainly use my pc for the modding part because that's even funnier then using it ;). So I am planning to make custom distribution plates.

5. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

Here is my planning in a few words: for the left side of the case I want to make one that covers almost the whole inside side and that it will support the GPU from sagging. Here is a link to the file(s) if you are interested: https://a360.co/2tlcdaQ

Attached Files:

6. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

I want to run a parallel loop, with the GPU to the cpu and the cpu back to the GPU to reach maximum cooling capacity and make it myself easier with planning the loop. This plate will be placed on top of the (new) PSU cover. There is a kind of reservoir in the plate to but it is mostly because it would look so boring otherwise. The GPU cables will run through this plate too. The file link:
    https://a360.co/2SYlgJI
    https://a360.co/2T2r6tv

Attached Files:

7. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

I have bought a CNC machine recently, it not the best but I'm trying to do everything on budget so I chose for a CNC 3018 pro from Sainsmart IMG_20200102_225433.jpg

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Very nice. I really like the wood work. Which bits did you use the CNC for

Floris likes this.
  9. AllXFrag

AllXFrag What's a Dremel?

I'm with the doge on that one, loving the wood work and generally your craftsmanship. Nice build

Floris likes this.
  10. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

Tnx! I am currently using ones from Sainsmart from 0.8 to 3.0 mm. I'm right now just experimenting with settings and materials. I have ordered a 2500*275*10 mm and one from 5 mm plexiglass sheet for just 35€, a deal I couldn't resist so they're coming tomorrow! 6176943D-3804-4959-AAFE-5A3C87683A94_1024x1024 (1).png

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

This is amazing. Great work. I actually love the natural wood with the crazy pink.

Very nice.

Floris likes this.
  12. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

Yesterday I made a kinda prototype of a mini distro plate to ensure my gcode is working. I'm pretty happy with the result and I am hyped to start with the acrylic

Attached Files:

13. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

I made a new PSU shroud too, I'm really happy with the result. I'm drawing a mechanism to mount it easily and remove it easy which wil be 3d printed.

Attached Files:

MLyons likes this.
  14. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

Sorry for the few amount of updates last 2 weeks, I had exams for school which is a little bit more important;).
    Further I did a lot of designing in Fusion and getting comfortable with the CNC.

Goatee, Vault-Tec and MLyons like this.
  15. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

I think I have clear what I want to do about loop order etc. I want to do 2 plate reservoirs in the front of the case, like in the Antec DF500 mod. Then the fluid will go in a distro plate which is laying above of the PSU shroud (yes, I want to use dual loops) and one run to and back from the GPU and one run to and one back from the CPU as shown in the image below IMG-20200120-WA0007.jpg

Dot_Kappa likes this.
  16. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

I have designed this to slide into the GPU ports. The upper two ports won't be used so there will be 2 G1/4 plugs. At the right and left there are pre tapped holes for fittings on both sides to create a kind of pass through effect. There are M3 holes too to tight it down so ik won't be able to move. You are seeing the back side of it now which will be slided onto the ports Screenshot_20200121-081537.jpg

Goatee likes this.
  17. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

A little update, I have been busy but I did some work too. I completely disassembled my CNC and cleaned everything since there were plexiglas' chips everywhere in the machine and it was skipping steps sometimes so I fixed that and made a z-probe and did some cable management. I did some engraving in hardened aluminium too and it came out pretty well so I'm doubting how I could use that in the build. I got the pumps delivered so I will be designing a bracket for them these days. I will replace the PSU shroud with an oak one, I got around 0,4 square meters from my grandfather. I got the GPU terminal printed and painted and it fits perfectly. IMG-20200205-WA0008.jpeg

Attached Files:

18. Floris

Floris What's a Dremel?

IMG-20200205-WA0010.jpeg

MLyons and Goatee like this.
  19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This is slowly turning into my favourite modding log. Keep up the great work. Have you done any machine in acrylic or Plexiglass yet?

20. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Love that you're getting into this at a young age.
    I would get some cheap Chinese single and 2-flute end mills, especially for plexiglass. Your cuts will improve drastically over using those burrs.