1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling First Water cooling setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MatEnd, 7 Feb 2013.

1. MatEnd

MatEnd What's a Dremel?

Hello helpful Bit-Tech members.

Budget: ~£200
    Use: Gaming
    Spec: i5-2500k, MSI 7970 OC , 2*1TB Hard Drives, 2* 64GB SSD, CM 690 II
    Resolution: Primary 1920*1200 , 2* Secondary at 1280*1024
    Overclocking: CPU overclocked to 4GHz, want to overclock GPU

I am looking to water cool the GPU only ( for now anyway) but have never delved into water cooling before. I was looking into getting this waterblock:

EK Water Blocks EK-FC7970 CSQ

and was wondering what size radiator would be required to keep this GPU cool. The CM 690 II isnt the biggest of cases so I am slightly limited by size but would appreciate any advice on both the radiator and all the other components to a custom water cooling set up.

Thanks again.

Matt

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

240mm rad is enough to somewhat silently cool the GPU, even if slightly overclocked. To make it as easy as possible I'd go with an EK-BAY DCP 2.2 Combo Unit or any other pump-reservoir-combo to limit the amount of tubing necessary.

If you plan on integrating a CPU-block later on, you can either go with a 360 rad right away, or add another 120/240 rad later on. The CM 690 II can take one 240mm rad in the bottom (with the HDD cage removed) and one in the top.

Here's an example of a CM 690 II with two 240 rads installed...

[​IMG]