1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Fitting a LCD display screen res cant get right.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ronnie-ajw, 24 Sep 2007.

1. ronnie-ajw

ronnie-ajw What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Ive adding a 7" tft-lcd monitor to my system and cannot set the screen res to the correct size which should be 1140x234 :wallbash:. Does anyone know how I go about this as this will be modded into the case.

Cheers Ronnie.

Last edited: 24 Sep 2007
  2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

operating system? how is the monitor connected? also, this is not a guide.

3. ronnie-ajw

Operating system is Windows XP pro, connected via the s-video. Have moved to modding.

4. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

I might be wrong but i dont think s-video can reach those sorts of resolutions, can it?

5. rito

rito What's a Dremel?

What kind of video card do you have?
    If you have an Nvidia card you can use the nvidia control panel, to set the resolution to what ever you want.

6. ronnie-ajw

I think it should as I believe its for video (i might be wrong to lol) I have it at 1024/768 but the screen is blurry, if there is a way to get rid off the blirryness please let me know.

Cheers Ronnie.

7. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

1140x234 sounds a bit weird. 7" widescreens are normally around 640x3xx or something. try to use a lower rez and work your way up till you find something that looks good. I have seen some screens which use upscaling but the picture looks crap IMO.

8. One~Zero

One~Zero What's a Dremel?

You can try a program called PowerStrip, which allows you to customize resolutions, refresh, timings, etc. for auxiliary displays. Not sure what your display controller is, but they seem to support quite a few. I don't have any experience with this program, but have heard quite a bit about it. Do a search if you need more detailed info and let us know how it works out.