Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 9 Mar 2011.
Wish I had the money to waste on a new PC. My Athlon 64 3500+ will have to last a while longer yet.
Bought the New revision ASUS P8P67 PRO from Aria last friday. Works great.
Owners of B2 boards should expect replacements in late April & May. The B3 boards on sale now are for new customers. When the market is full, then they will slowly start replacing the B2 boards, because there won't be that high demand for B3 boards anymore.
For example all 10 pieces of P67A-UD4-B3 sent to distributor from where i get the boards were sold on preorders, and date of next delivery is unknown. But slowly through march and april the preorders will be sent out, new customers will buy boards and then the demand will drop, while production will increase.
I got my RMA email from Newegg. Now I just have to send the old one and get a new one. From what the email said, they are giving refunds/RMAs in the order the orders were placed.
I got an e-mail from Gigabyte on Friday, and did an Advanced RMA. The B3 board is in the mail to me. Pretty good timing. Once I get it, I'll swap it out. Just need to check to be sure I have enough leftover thermal paste.
I was going to order till I heard about the screw ups. Probably a good thing too. Going to wait for the Z series of boards now.
And what is your reason bsp ? Z68 is pretty much P67 with IGP support and SSD cache (whatever it means). No better overclocking, it is simply P67 + H67 + SSD cache feature. If you don't intend to use the IGP, you could as well buy the P67 board right now.
faugusztin, I couldn't remember, so did a quick google search, and it seems to suggest that it is not possible to do multiplier overclocking on H67 motherboards, so that is an extra feature that Z68 will have that bsp probably wants the option to take advantage of.
I'm pretty sure the SATA bug doesn't destroy harddrives, it just destroys the connection to them.
And did i say anything else ? Z68 is P67 + IGP support. H67 is P67 + IGP support - unlocked multiplier overclocking .
Nvidia only allow max 2 displays on a single card. to have 3 or more screens you need an SLI config.
Regarding whether the R3 Define case will fit 2 cards, yes it will. Virtually any Mid-Tower case can hold 2 Dual slot GFX cards.
It's more when your looking at 3 or 4 way SLI/xFire you need bigger cases.
In other news, my supplier in Australia have stocked Gigabyte B3s for over a week, and even have ASRock boards.. A well as ASUS and MSI.. Some aren't due to be in-stock until tomorrow, but still.
Anyway, my P8P67 Pro will be ordered next week This news is kinda old for those actively waiting the return in stock. But for those just curious may not know.
Cancel the order and re-place.
I'm still going to wait, I want to see what Buldoser has ti bring to the table.
Even with this pretty huge mistake by Intel, the pressure is massive for AMD and Bulldozer to outperform. The way AMD pr machine shouts from the rooftops before every release, whether its good or not. Don't you think we would have heard from them already if was going to be that good?
Think that was a mistake, I ordered one of those and got a delayed delivery notification. Still waiting for it to come into stock despite the ETA being "today" yesterday
New toy in da house
I like the sticker product number. I had Asus with something like this too (P5K-E/WIFI-AP, which was based on other board, just different feature set and same PCB).
I would have bought EVGA, but they are still sleeping, so no EVGA this time.
Looks nice, I want one.
Nice, hopefully there will be a decent selection of sub-Â£100 P67 boards available by the time i have the cash to upgrade! Â£110 - Â£125 for a micro-atx board just doesn't seem right....
got another email from newegg today. looks like my batch of boards is up for RMA! newegg is kind enough to let us do an advanced RMA...so i will have them send me a replacement board and i have 30 days to send the old one back. my fiancee will be pleased that the system will only be down for a few hours instead of a week or more. go newegg!
Now i have only fight with stable OC :/. For now i'm at 4.5GHz, semistable (ocassional freezes, so i still tinker with it). Enough for now, more playing with OC maybe when time allows.
Separate names with a comma.