1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Flagship Studios shuts down

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Hah, I'm so glad I unsubscribed last weekend XD

Shame though, HGL did have potential, and patch 2.0 was going to make the game worthwhile :(

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Shame about the Hellgate reviews, the game looked promising but ended up more or less with a B+ for effort.

Might still pick up a copy, just out of curiosity.

4. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I had really high hopes for hellgate. but then the reviews started coming out and my hopes started fading away. sucks for the people working there. hope they find jobs after the dust settles.

5. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

sad to hear this. I never bought the game but it was getting allot of hype before its release while in production - its a shame they couldnt deliver but I think ambition is a good thing but you have to perhaps find a balance between that and being realistic when making a game.

But i know nothing of game developing anyways !

Werent the Hellgate team former Blizzard staff or something?

6. deltaworld

deltaworld What's a Dremel?

Haha.. i bet the staff that left Blizzard wish they never left. Now that Diablo III is out. Do you reckon after Diablo III is out they will secretly start working on "World of Diablo"?

7. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

isn't it world of starcraft next?

8. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

I wonder how Mythos will fare under a new dev team.

9. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

The staff should go back to blizzard and sort out the graphical mess thats being made of diablo 3

10. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I too was initially interested in the game until the reviews came out. I almost picked up a copy the other day, but it was still priced too close to that of a new game. I'm not going to pay premium for a game that might suck. If it was between $20 and $25 then I would've picked it up.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

blizzard games are never graphically brilliant. Diablo 3 looks fine for what its going to be. Id hazzard a guess it will run on anything built in last 3 years which is the whole point.

Not everyone owns the crysis pc

12. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I think he's reffering to the art style rather than graphics. Notice that in the dungeon you can actual SEE everything instead of having a little light radius around you. I'm in two minds about it personally. I don't think it looks bad, but I think I would have preferred the game to be darker and more gritty.
    Regardless, the gameplay looks as mint as it should be, so whatever. Art style doesn't give a huge impact on my enjoyment of games.

13. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

meh I was on beta and at release they messed EVERYTHING up

14. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Looked good before release, but they rushed it and shot themselves in the foot. Shame, too.

15. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

I loved the idea of hellgate, even bought one of the statues ( female knight templar) And have both the books that were released.
    The game though flawed was a great idea. It just didn't have that "something" to make me go back again and again. It was however getting better and better with every patch.

Its a shame, I applaud them for having a go.

16. deltaworld

deltaworld What's a Dremel?

The had a brilliant FMV trailer that they released in one of the E3 shows. It got me really excited about the game. Up until I saw a gameplay trailer, I was dissapointed.

We need another good MMORPG. The gaming industry needs a WOW killer or competer at the very least. Don't get me wrong I love WoW I have it, I play it. But I would like to see some decent competition for the sake of choice.

Tags: Add Tags