1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Flashing graphics help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pault88, 18 Nov 2011.

1. Pault88

Pault88 What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

On my current system, i've had this problem for a while, were i would go to play a game (WoW, Skyrim, FM2012,ETC) and the game would flicker and flash until it eventually crashed to the desktop, then i'd get a warning that my display driver has stopped working. It happens with all of my games, it very frustrating, as the only way i know how to work around it is if i continue to close it down until i get a good game that will play normally without the flickering. It'll flash for a few times, then the screen will go black and it'll bring you to the desktop and display the warning from the display driver. All drivers are up to date. Graphics card is a gt8800

Any help would be brilliant and solving it would be rewarded with a swift high five :)

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Try to identify if it is a hardware problem. If it were me I'd grab a spare HDD then install a 'dummy' installation (without putting in the COA code) of you operating system and test the card out. This would hopefully rule out a simple software issue so we can focus on the hardware. If it is failing and you bought it from new with a proper retailer then use the Sale of Goods Act 1979 to get a repair, replacement or refund. Information is in the consumer rights thread linked in my signature.

Others would recommend taking the card apart and opt for a DIY job, but why bother when you can get someone else to do the hard work! :D

3. Pault88

Pault88 What's a Dremel?

Card was bought in 07 or 08, does the act still apply? I'll have to wait until the weekend before getting a chance to try out your method, and will post the results, but many thanks for your response :) gives me something to work towards :)