1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Flight sims/games... (Or lack thereof)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by st1x, 17 Oct 2010.

1. st1x

st1x Surviving on low specs since '86

Since i haven't seen or even heard about a decent flight game.....military or otherwise...in quite a long while i was wondering what other people are playing nowadays.

I've been messing with flight games since the era of Aces over Europe and whilst i loved them i was wondering if there was anything more up to date *read that as shiny :D *

Post up folks and feel free to sing the praises of what your playing currently in this niche market, especially since i have a joystick thats currently only being used for mechwarrior......not that thats a bad thing at all to be honest.

Im off to play gunship 2000 with Dosbox until you all find me something better to do :clap:

Nic

2. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

3. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

DCS Blackshark is probably the best. There is also an addon coming out for it very soon which lets you fly the A10 Tank Killer.

4. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

im still rocking MS flight sim X. the game looks great now that i have hardware to run it full-tilt.

5. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

It depresses me how much HAWX sucks and the console only Ace Combat series rocks so much.

Ace Combat 6 is easily my favourite arcadey flight sim, so if you have a console get that!

6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

GunMetal

7. Nowell @ CCL

Nowell @ CCL CCL Customer Services

IL2 Sturmovic is the best WW2 Flight Sim ever!

You could also try Wings of Prey...

8. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

The Strike Fighters 2 series of games provide a good balance between realism and fun, plus they simulate a more interesting era of air combat than most sims (1940s - 1980s).

9. st1x

st1x Surviving on low specs since '86

Thanks for the input guys its most appreciated.

Ive been looking at flight sim X for a while but it never really caught my attention too much as i dont have the specs to make it look shiny enough (and im ore interested in military than the latest airbus to be honest.

Ive got most of the Ace combat sieres and they are huge amounts of fun and yes HAWX sucked a dead dogs nose....

Going to give blackshark and strike fighters 2 a look for now :thumb:

If anyone has any other suggestions i would be appreciative since i dont want to lump a load of cash on something that im not going to enjoy after a week or so.

Thanks so far....

Nic

10. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

11. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

I have also been looking recently and had been quite interested in Battle of Britain Wings of Victory.
    Primarily because you can get a copy cheaply and there is an active community that are continuing to mod and patch the game.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob/

I haven't tried it myself yet so I can't tell what it is like. The videos I have seen look good.

Oops just read your shiny requirement, this is probably does not fit that catagory. :/

12. lizzienotveryhappy

lizzienotveryhappy where not to buy your it from

il2 1946 is best current? ww2 sim but check out 1c forum il2/ oleg updates for bob storm of war this is going to be the mother of all combat flight sim for next decade1:thumb: