1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Flushing new rad required?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Siwini, 22 Jun 2011.

1. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

I got myself XSPC RS240 kit +Feser - UV Green cooling fluid. Never had watercooling before so it’s all new to me. Do I absolutely need to flush a rad? If so how can I without extra cost? Thanks in advance!

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

3. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Depends on how much tubing you have really. If you have plenty then just guesstimate the lengths needed and plumb it all together out side of the case and leave it to run for a couple of days :)

5. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

6. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

For some peculiar reason distilled water can be hard to get hold of in the UK and it's often 3 or more times expensive than deionised. The difference between the two is that deionised still has some of the organic stuff in it whereas distilled has that removed.

You can get tested top quality distilled from Mayhem's http://wcdyes.com/en/7-ultra-pure-h20 but bear in mind that I normally pay 68p a litre for deionised from Wilkinson's.

7. Sponge12349

Sponge12349 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

You can use deionised or distilled water without problems, although it is reccomended that you use a silver coil or a biocide. I'm not sure where it is best to get them but they are sold here.

8. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Mate if you want to flush your rad before use run the hot water tap through it and if your really bothered you could pre-flush/soak with diluted white vinegar.

I just run the hot tap through it for 5 mins or so and just use de-ionized water as coolant. corrosion shouldn't really be a issue if your only mixing brass and copper in your loop but if you have alu in there you'll need a corrosion inhibitor you can use pre-mix (opinions vary) or just good old car anti freeze (low % mix is good) just check on what you res is made from and what its manufacturer recommends as some additives may cause crazing.

So in summary. flush using tap and you'll be good with ya feser coolant...

Enjoy