1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Foo Fighter's @ Wembley Friday 6th June 2008

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by kempez, 8 Jun 2008.

1. kempez

kempez modding again!

Awesomenestest gig ever

Dave Grohl is an absolute legend and live he's an awesome performer :worship:

Some rubbish iPhone pics for ya (iPhone camera + hands in air + jumping around in concert = ftl). Not the greatest phone pics but I think they give you a feel for the atmosphere :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was about 20 yards from the stage with a decent view and it was packed. Awesome atmosphere at Wembley with only a few seats empty

Fireworks at the end were fantastic

Highlights were basically every song although they did an awesome rock breakdown in the middle and Dave's Everlong solo was fantastic

Foo Fighters - you rock :rocker:

2. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Wrong forum. If you want to talk about the Foo Fighters concert you went to and post these pics, do it in General. This forum is for art.

3. kempez

kempez modding again!

Aaand photography and I think the pics give a nice feel of the concert, even if the quality isn't awesome

To avoid more negative comments like this, can the mods move this please :)

Apologise to all for not posting DSLR arty pics of the gig :(

4. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

Art and PHOTOGRAPGY mate. Which this obviously falls under. Thanks very much for the pic's! I was so jealous that i couldnt get tickets. It looks awesome :D

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

meh camera phones are the curse of modern concerts and should be banned. I pay my money to watch the band, not have my view obscured by idiots trying to take photos that their camera phones cant handle. /rant

6. OleJ

OleJ Me!

OT: I have to say that I don't mind the idiots with their faux lighters dangling in front now and then to take pictures. It's the friggin' idiots who film the show on their phones that buggers me. They have them up there in the way ALL the time obstructing my view.
    It compares to the people who can't shut up when being at a movie or the idiots wearing stupid big hats or just having incredibly tall hair right in front of you. Now that's annoying. If you're one of them then beware because some time in the future I'll chop your excessively large heads off with my light sword :p

Hahaha nothing like a good rant.

ON-Topic: ... pretty shoddy quality but I guess that's phone camera. In regards to the rant I really like that in the first pictures you see people holding up their phones everywhere but in the later pics the music has won them over. Except for you kempez ;)
    I can't say I think this doesn't belong here although it might as well have been under "General". I pass on that judgment but I am missing a more artistic approach in your shots or perhaps just in the text you've put with them.

Have the Foo Fighters come out with any albums in the recent years btw? And are they any good?

7. 3dHeli

3dHeli What's a Dremel?

To get to the photography art side of the foo fighters photographs . . . a more steady hand, held breath, and very gently squeezed shutter release button (plus Optical stabilisation if your camera has it) would dramatically improve the technical aspect of the photo's . . . . the art side I'll leave to others :)

8. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

If only the Iphone had a 300mm IS lens strapped to it :D

The solution to mobile phones in the air at gigs is to go see metal bands and stand in them funny circles of people running about, nobody gets their phones out there without getting it broken.

O/T: That does look like one hell of a epic gig. I really need to concoct a cunning plan to convince tour managers Im photographing for Metal Hammer or something. And learn that pleading with security will not get you a photographer pass.

9. kempez

kempez modding again!

lol if only the iPhone had any of that and if only I wasn't jumping up and down at the time :p

Tags: