1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Football Manager 2012 Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 15 Aug 2011.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

the match engine looks like a massive improvement...... me likey!

3. rinseout

rinseout What's a Dremel?

These games are getting worse and worse. Too much focus on the nonessentials, despite plenty of good player feedback. To be fair they do incorporate a fair few ideas from players but still too much window dressing for me. Was an avid player from 01-02 until 10. I don't use the match engine as the matches are the least interesting part of the game really. Apparently they pay their coders rubbish money for the privilege of working there too...

4. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

Going to have to disagree with you there, rinseout. Yeah, there is a lot of fluff, but it's being improved. Scout reports are infinitely better than they were in the old days, as is the contract system since the FM11 improvements. The team-talks are incredibly annoying, but this year they're being improved. In time, I suspect so will other things like press conferences. Typically they seem to add in new features and then take a little while to really get to grips with how to implement them well - each time though you're getting a fuller experience.

For what it's worth, I very much doubt I'll be buying FM12. Having owned 09, 10 and 11 in succession I want to get a bit more value out of this one... I suspect I'll be continuing my save game until 13 comes out, or possibly even 14. So many games yet to play that starting another huge FM marathon is fairly unnecessary!

5. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

Just get it :p you know you want to really :)

ill be sat at my comp for a long long time playing this! The missus will hate it more than proevo or fifa. Let alone bf3 :hehe::hehe:

6. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i dunno what is it but FM doesn't do it for me anymore, the latest version that i liked was FM 2006.

my favourite was CM 00/01 i spend weeks on that game and could never get bored of it.

i've tried fm 2010 but after playing all the friendly games (and buying players, setting up training, etc) i was bored already.

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

FM has been steadily getting worse (or more accurately, less fun) for the past ten years.

Oh, and Miles Jacobson is a c*ck.

8. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

Nothing to do with getting old then?

9. knarF

knarF Noob

The best thing about this is that now i don't have to pay as much for last year's glorified spreadsheet.

10. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

people saying football manager is getting worse are being a bit naive, the game it self is getting better every year, but its how far the game has gone from the fun factor that makes the feel worse (to me anyway).
    Ive put fm 2011 down and gone back 10 just because 10 was a bit more fun and accessible, fm11 just felt like it had gone too far away from the fun fantasy mangement game it used to be, but that not to say the game is worse as its TECHNICALLY better but just not as fun for a number of us anymore.

but needless to say i will try the demo probably 3 or 4 times just to get a firm idea of it and try out things a bit different everytime to get a good grip of the game.

Last edited: 16 Aug 2011
  11. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I'm still playing and enjoying FM2011. I've got so much time invested in that game that I don't want my march of Bristol Rovers to premier league glory to end.

12. rollo

rollo Modder

fm 2011 is pretty unrealistic once you start taking over the top teams, 10 was alot more fun and you can still win every match using the same 4312 tactic that people have used for years with little to no change required.

Try setting up barcelona to play like they do in real life its nearly imposible, use of closing down tactic results in red cards, dont think ive ever got messi to score 40+ a season either whilst ronaldo scores 50+ every season for any team you buy him for.

Also created a world 11 before brought back old players from there retirements and still lost lol when your team is valued at over 1billion you should not lose to wolves.

used to play champ manager like an adict a few years back these days after 30mins i just get bored and turn it off.

13. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

i can understand that (try saying it on the fm forums and youll get shot down :sigh: )

fm 2011 is ALL about tactics, i found it easy to keep players happy but even easier to piss them off, it dosnt matter who you have in your side and even if you r tactics are v good, if they dont agree with the match engine (or vice versa) then you dont have much hope.

with fm 2010, i built up a good young side with good tactics (i think lol) and got them to the prem, sold a few on to make some cash and bought a few more highly rated young players and while they didnt win things straight away, i did notice that with better training schedules and coaches, things always got better season by season and once they had started to mature (towards the mid 20's) i started to win trophies and taking on the best teams in the game.

to me it was all about getting a good set-up tactically, training/coaching and getting a good base of players and letting them gel and mature as a team, this always made me succesfull on fm 07, 08 09 and 10 but could i do this on 11? big fat no.
    maybe the game had just moved on too far for me tactically or maybe i just didnt manage my players properly i dont no, but what i do no is that it takes too much effort for me now to be successful on this game.

Tags: Add Tags