Reviews Football Manager 2018 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 13 Nov 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Staff Administrator

Read more

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

FYI - This game also has a Linux client from day one, £37.99 on Steam.

The Linux gaming requirements are quite light with "Intel HD Graphics 3000/4000, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM."

3. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Trying hard not to upgrade again

I'm enjoying this years release, more so than the past few. I thought last years was a tad dull, so much so that I installed the Instant Result skin (meaning I didn't actually have to watch the game).
    This year's release has made me feel more involved with my players and as such, I'm watching the the game now (even though I have installed this year's version of the skin) - mainly so I can drag off the crappy players (if needed) who sulk if I don't pick them and then tell them after that they didn't play well enough.

Managing the Massive Chorley FC this season (I've always started with either these or Fylde) I've had a lot of fun trying to get them promoted. For me it's so much more fun dealing with players who want £50 per week instead of the £50m per week that the premiership players want.
    As I'm only into my 2nd season, I haven't really had much involvement with transfers (mine are all freebies so far).

My main gripe with previous releases is with transfers and wage demands. I always felt that the game would double any transfer fee when I wanted to buy and the player would demand the most rediculous wages. The amount of players I offered wages to, only to be turned down, see them go to a worse team and accept less than half what I offered really annoyed me. I really hope this has been improved upon this year.

Tags: Add Tags