1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale section, The Rules

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by GregTheRotter, 30 Oct 2011.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter New Member

I can't really comment as I've done it before myself, but I wish there was some clearer, way to let people know you don't want them commenting in your thread, 'OOOOOOOOOOOOH THAT GOES FOR MUUUUUCH LESS THAN THAAAAAT". Instead PM'ing the user with a more polite " I think you'd have much better luck with the sale if you price it at x". Just as a matter of courtesy. Anyone else who's sold anything, know's what I'm talking about.

2. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Totally agree, thread trashing should be banned and users who continually do it should have their trading section access removed.

If you see something cheaper than what they are asking, or don't think their price is fair for the love of god send them a PM. Don't trash their thread.

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Basically it is already against the rules so if someone is abusing this please PM a mod and we will remove the comment and send a warning. Consistent offenders will be banned temporarily but it is only possible if other users contact the mods as we can't patrol every single thread.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I've had this a lot in the FS forums and find it quite annoying, especially when the person commenting on the prices is completely wrong :rolleyes: As MrWW has stated though, it's already in the rules. There's no need for actually commenting on the price of something that a member has listed for sale unless they have actually asked what you think it might be worth, or if you're making a lower offer. To just say "that's too expensive, you'll never sell it at that" or words to that effect is just uncalled for.

5. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Yeah it does happen here a bit. Ive dropped pms to people before, but always in a polite, objective way.

Might be worth putting a one liner in your fs posts

'please do not post unless you are interested, and if you have any queries relating to the price please feel free to drop me a pm rather than clutter the thread. Thank you'

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As Wonka says - PM a mod every time you see it happens and we'll start stamping it out.

7. thelaw

thelaw New Member

Isn't there a slight danger thought that someone asks for a price check thread and several members comment on the prices over a couple of days/posts and saying along the lines of "nope they go cheaper on x site or over here so this should be the price",

Then once the OP settles on a price its changed to a for sale thread that some goody too shoes comes along days later, misreads the thread thinking it was a for sale thread from day one and sees all the arguing over the best price for the OP, believes its members trying to convince him to change his price - when those posters who were only making recommendations about it in a price check thread prior it to being changed for a for sale thread so ends up wrongly banned?

8. Nexxo

Nexxo Queue Jumper

That's why Price Check threads should not be changed to For Sale threads, but a new thread should be started (and rest assured, mods can check a thread's history. All your edits are belong to us).

9. mejobloggs

mejobloggs New Member

Probably a good idea for Price Check not to be changed to For Sale.

Just include link to the price check thread and ask people to discuss any further issues with price back in price check thread