1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals For those ppl that looking for new sound card. *Must See*

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ratchet219, 2 Jan 2012.

1. Ratchet219

Ratchet219 New Member

I just got done talking to HT | Omega. I was asking why HT Omega Claro Plus+ being such a good product now is nowhere to be found. They stated that Claro Plus+ is being replaced by New Claro2. MSRP $184.99. And will be released in just next few days. This card promises a lot so if anyone looking to buy a professional grade sound card -- wait few more days and I think you will not be disappointed:thumb:

[​IMG]

Siwini likes this.
  2. Farting Bob

Farting Bob New Member

As always, there is better coming out soon.

Actually sound cards (and maybe laptop resolutions) are the exception to that, im no audiophile, but everyone goes on about how the greatest soundcards were AGP and released 5-8 years ago...

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Each sound card, output a different sound. (the minute difference won't be noticeable if don't have the equipment). They are all great, and it depends on the genre of music you like and preferences (and what one has got used to).

P.S: AGP sound card don't exist. AGP is a special connector designed for specifically GPU's. They had direct access to the CPU, skipping the chipsets (if I am not mistaken), which was needed to get every tiny bit of performance out of a graphic card, because: chipsets where slow, due to their high cost, also GPU's where slow and costing a lot (remember when Vista was out a couple of years ago, and basically non-gamer PC's suffered deeply, due that their graphic solution wasn't powerful enough to handle Aero.. because they didn't spend 1500-2000$ on a computer, but rather 700-800$)

4. GoodBytes

What sucks about the CLARO II, is that it's on PCI and not PCI-E. It doesn't mean anything in real life in term of performance and sound, but motherboards are completely phasing out PCI... so that mean buying this now is great, but later it it might be a problem later on one new computer upgrade, where it will be hard to find a motherboard with a PCI slot.

5. Ratchet219

Ratchet219 New Member

Thats true GB. Can't you get a extension cable or something?

Siwini likes this.
  6. GoodBytes

You can't convert PCI-E to PCI

Siwini likes this.
  7. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

What they need to do is release an eClaro Halo II. They should switch over to pci-e for their primary line as pci is heading to the grave.
    But I only see two actual changes from the Claro, added a secondary dac chip and changed the opamp. Added a shield... not really a big deal.
    eClaro is still their best card to buy for now, even if it does have an annoying breakout cable.