1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Forceware Release 80 already leaked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Jul 2005.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

but is there dual monitor support in SLI?!?!?!?!?!?!

You don't think G71 would be a 7600 which would probably equate to a 6800 series in performance? Or perhaps that would be G72... dunno. It just seems like the current-gen high end is equivalent to the next-gen midrange, and midrange becomes low, etc.

Perhaps the 7800GTXOMGBBQ 1GB part will fill that highest end slot :D

/edit - erm... reverse what I said about G71 and 72

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

G71 is 7600 afaik

4. Mosha

Mosha What's a Dremel?

I hope they have a profile for GTA: San Andreas, because I need it!!!!!!!!!

5. Rufus-Seal

Rufus-Seal Guest

Well, I experience less hanging in bf2. And the framerates where higher and a bit smoother. I am gonna test it with 3dmark05 , to see the actual difference between the driver: 77.72..

6. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

im Just downloading now... will report results on my 5950ultra.
    Current drivers are 77.30
    I will use aquamark as a test.
    Also I will report if my overclock increases or decreases with these drivers.

7. Kipman725

righty:
    The new drivers on auto detect clock gave me a 1mhz core boost and a 3mhz memory boost over my previous overclock.

As the previos drivers would artifact at any higher clock than there auto detect I decided to test the new drivers with there slightly increased clock speed as they didn't artifact at it unlike the previous drivers.

77.30:
    score: 39,090
    GFX = 5868
    cpu = 5852

80.40:
    score: 38682
    GFX = 5781
    cpu = 5845

now im going to test at the same frequancy as the 77.30 drivers to see if that freq incrase harmed performance.

8. Kipman725

got exactly the same score with the reduced clockspeed. So at least for my card this driver is slower than the 77.30 in aquamark.

I will do a subjective analyis of Bf2 to see if it's any faster with new drivers.

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

thanks for letting us know... I think most of the improvements will be for GeForce 6 and 7 series' :)

10. Kipman725

right I DEFINATLY woulden't recomend these for the FX series becuase I lost performance in the newer title BF2. Also I lost visual quality. The game engine didn't merge the sky with the ground correctly so where the sky ended and the ground started there was an abrupt line which when flying at mach 2 is very disconcerting. The higest visual quality I could run BF2 @ with the old drivers and mantian smooth fps was low for everything apart from medium texture filtering and medium effects and medium geometry. With the newer drivers to get smoth fps I had to leave only the medium filtering on. Also odly the new drivers gave me sound jittering for about 5mins after starting the game. (I have a Sound blaster live 5:1 pci).

Has anyone done any testing of these drivers with a 6/7 series?

11. Kipman725

another update...

the new drivers don't uninstall very well and I had to use driver cleaner so that I could go back to the most uptodate release on Nvidias website.

12. Tim S

Tim S OG

they are early release 80 drivers and I suspect that they will be better by the time release 80 comes out whenever it does in the future.

13. Kipman725

still a little disapointed that BF2 didn't work better with the new drivers as I thought it would be somthing nvidia was working on... I guess the current visual quality and performance is the best the 5*** series can do.

I won't be able to afford a new gpu for 6months which is annoying as I thought after my 5200 this one would last along time and I purchased it for £120 just before the 6600gt was available. IM just pleased I managed to bios flash it, I couldent imagain how lame a 5900xt would have been! :O

*rofl kind of ironic I found that the inbetween driver which incidently did make BF2 work better made CSS die! so Im back to where i started. Moral of the story... messing around with beta drivers is a good way of filling an afternoon. shame I had phyisics coursework to do and now I have rushed it :worried: so is life.

Last edited: 3 Jul 2005
  14. Sch1sm

Sch1sm Guest

I sampled the 8 Series Forceware drivers with no problems and to my surprise it gave me no more of a boost in Aquamark 3 at stock than the modified DNA drivers i am already using, which is around 42K. The only strange factor is that whenever i try to overclock my GPU, an NVIDIA 6600GT 128MB, i use the detect optimal frequency tool, which overclocks it to a safe frequency, benchmark the card, and the score doesn't move, this happens with both official NVIDIA and modified NVIDIA drivers. Anyone care to digress? :worried:

Tags: Add Tags