View the updated project log on my personal site, XodusTech.com So one of my friends gave me a box or boxes of old goodies, or toys as I like to call it all. In it I found an old Ford Probe Audio Amplifier. First thing that comes to mind is "does it even work?". So it was time to find the pinout tables or at least the wiring guide for the device. After my friend found the diagram I was less than impressed. Not only did the wires for the plugs I had not match the ones on the diagram, but the numbers on the pins on the two black connectors it had didnt even come close to matching up. So using a little modder's intuition I was able to figure out the power imput lines. It was quite obvious since they were ran to a rectifier type coil to cut out alternator whine (or electrical hum from the power system). But that was not every bit of info I needed to even turn it on. Anyone who has installed an amp in their car will remember the "amp on" line that triggers the unit to turn on. Since in most cases thick wire is run to the Battery+ and ground lines it is far easier to turn it on with another line to provide power. I figured that would be close to the power input, turns out I was right on that. Since it would not be going in a car or in that type of enviroment again I just soldered the "amp on" line directly to the +12v input. I could change that later to actually be used, but for now its of no issue. Next I had to guess and check mostly for 8 wires on either connector for the 4 speaker outputs and the 4 audio inputs. A little voltmetering and an hour or so later I had all the info I needed. Desoldering the silly plugs it had so I can put my own more useful headers on it. Here is what I have thus far: Those were the connectors previously on the board to interface it to the car The board with its new wires soldered on and the 4 speaker header I saved from an old audio amp that got fried the speaker header and the 4 rca bolt on plugs I got from radioshack And the unit all hooked up to the little 12v battery I had handy I used wire from an old ATX connector to hook it all up, I simply must say its on my list of favorite wire to use. I guess now I need to work on how the power input is going to work, this device was designed for a strict DC setup so most ac based adaptors are going to cause electrical hum in the device. Maybe I can figure out a way to even that out. Would love to hear any input or comments!