1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Formula 1 2004 Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hiren, 8 Mar 2004.

1. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Yes. This is really crap and unfair!

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

What a great race! So much action! What with Ralph Schumacher almost taking out both Sato, Fischella and 1/2 of his pit crew. Kimmi's car blowing up again, Coulthards werid retirement, Sato and Schumacher both having to make unscheduled stops.

The track was great plenty of over taking battles. It's good to see both Sato and Button putting more points on the board for BAR. As with Alonso and Truli doing great for Renault (who I expect to overtake McClaren as the 3rd team behind Williams and Ferrari).

Dissapointing to see McClarens poor poor season continue with lack of reliabilty and confusion. Schumacher won again which was quite dissapointing that no-one really challenged him that much. But all it all a great race mostly for the mid positions. I wonder what the FIA will decide about the incident between Sato and R. Schumacher, imo it's was all Schumachers fault for not giving him enough room.

3. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Thought todays race was one of the best i've seen in a long time. I was very impressed with the new track as it seems to create lots of exciting moments with plenty of overtaking and side by side action with very few retirements through needless crashes which, although kool to see can lead to a 10 car field and a very boring race.
    Was very impressed with the performance of BAR and Button (nice to see Britain represented) and i think that BAR are definatly going to be the team that get the most improved team of the year award if they keep going as they are.
    Another mention has to go to Christian Klien from Jag, who although he spun it midpoint and effectivly lost him the places he still provided a lot of enjoyment nearer the start of the race with the moves on Raikkonen. Its always nice to see the smaller teams having a go. :hehe:

edit: Yeah i can agree with your point about it been schu's fault in the crash. He simply refused to lose the place and it cost him.

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Yer, the huge flames out the back were certainly something!

Sadly I missed most of the race as I had to got called out :( Wish I'd had time to record it now...

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Was probably the best of the season, but (tho i'm a MS fan) MS has to be stopped from running away with the championship, the first place gets kinda predictable! Racing was great today, nice webber/alonso battle, but sad to see kimi/DC out of the race, Norbert Haug (*sp) must be niffed at the reliability of the engines from Mercedes.... thats 3/3 DNF's for kimi now....

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

What the hell has happened to McLaren ?????????

Agree with Highland3r though, best race so far, plenty overtaking, and Ralf as bad as usual.

7. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

super race! I liked the track aswell. Plenty of oppertunities to overtake etc. Btw. -H- where is Kimi in your overview?

8. Hiren

Kimmi isn't in the officai standings yet as he has yet to finish a race. FIA rules state a driver has to complete at least 1 race before given a standing (even if it's 20th place).

9. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

10. GreatOldOne

11. GreatOldOne

Button grabs pole positioin at Imola!!!!

GO BUTTON!!! :rock:

Getting your first pole must be sweet, but getting it at Imola and rubbing Scumi's nose in it by nearly 3/10's of a second - in front of the Ferrari top brass and all the Tifosi - must have been awesome. Jense's final sector was just stunning!

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/20764

Oh how I laughed at Luca di Montezemolo's face.... :D

12. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

I'm a Schumi fan at heart, but it is so good to see him challenged once in a while! :D

It was also another good example of how he can make mistakes under pressure :waah:

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Nice one Jensen, he's really starting to shine now.

14. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

yep, i was watching the qualis today :D

GO Jensen, :D

15. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Race wasnt bad, If only Button had maintained the pace in seond and third stints he could have challenged schumi a little more. Good drive from Jense, MS was mighty though, maybe in 2 weeks time.......

16. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

You all know Schumi will win again... he rules.

17. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

I agree that he's the best driver F1 has ever seen imho but it would be nice to see a more lively race and competition. :) .

Not a big fan of Imola as a circuit it just doesn't seem to inspire the drivers to try and have a go in my opinion and as in this race it seems to create very few moments of excitment which is always disappointing. Still F1 rules, no matter how many people tell me its the most boring sport in the world. You'll never truly appreciate it till you've stood at the railings at silverstone or any track for that matter. The speeds are simply stunning.

Looking forward to Barcelona next time as i think BAR have tested there a lot and could put Jenson back up on the podium which is always a good thing.

18. Hiren

Not the most exciting race by any means. But good to see BAR Honda really pushing now. Poor Sato having a engine failure. More good results for Renault and Williams. Was nice to see Truli bumping Ralph off the track considering he does it to enough people. Bit of a close call when he was coming out of the pits and nearly hit Rubens. McCalren were totally disapointing again, think they need to look at themselves and where they are going. Coulthard's first lap blunder really cost them. Nice to see Kimmi actually finish a race now.

19. :: Phat ::

Got his own back though didn't he :D

10 SECONDS ahead.

20. :: Phat ::

I thought the UK was over the war....

Last nights ITV news was quite insulting last night in my opinion.

F1 bosses have once again stripped more "gizmos" from the cars because they are convinced it will give the sport "more action"

Power steering is going
    Automatic Boxs' are going
    Smaller engines etc

the insulting bit was worded similar to the following.

"recently the sport has been dominated by Michael Shumacher, back in the old days when britain dominated the sport there was more skill to the race yakka yakka yakka"

face it, Michael Shumacher is the best driver out there, given a soapbox car he'd probably still beat most of them, I didn't see F1 boss' downgrading the cars when Nigel Mansell or Hill were at the top?

Tags: