1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Formula 1 2004 Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hiren, 8 Mar 2004.

1. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

if only MS had a personality :sigh: ah well back to his box in preparation for canada

2. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

A classic Schumi win if ever I saw one! :D

3. Piratetaco

what??there was a GP on today.i was off watching the Le Man.

4. Submerged..

Submerged.. What's a Dremel?

Yeah, agree with you on that crayfish....

My dad was watching it as well, and with 20 laps to go, he was like: "How is MS leading?!" MS seems to have gotten in front without actually DOING anything....other than being there at the correct time and place!

WEll, he's good at being at the right time and place, pity all the others can't do the same! Granted, everyone's trying hard...but nuthing is working! :waah: :waah:

What's the next race?

5. Submerged..

What happened at the Le Mans? I missed it, like it too!

6. BjD

BjD What's a Dremel?

Yeah twas on at 5pm today. I couldnt work out how or where MS had managed to get ahead. Shame about the Renaults going out too, but i missed the first 10 laps so dont know what happened to Trulli.

Next one is next week i think in Indianapolis :thumb:

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The F1 race was on after Le Mans

8. Submerged..

Ah, the world famous Indy Speedway....Pity the infield section is a lil' bit suspect for interesting overtaking.

Apparently, there is less people going to the indy race than the last two years...One i heard was that the Indy Series was about 2-4 weeks before the F1 race? I would have thought that there would have been MORE people going?

9. rio2

rio2 What's a Dremel?

ferrari the beast :D:D:D

10. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Race wasnt bad, showed using different strategies can still produce a race win, rather than the standard 3 stopping that seems to occur at the moment.
    However, Willaims and toyota have been disqualified, illegal brake ducts.
    Read mroe http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=30423

11. Piratetaco

i don't understand that.the ducts gave no performance gains , so whats wrong with them?

12. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

All I can say is ironic justice in Ralph getting DQ'd after finally making on to the podium. Shame about Toyota. Canada was a bit boring imo, Ferrari's somehow managed to get to the front without overtaking anyone. At least Sato provided some entertainment by nearly ploughing into the massive crash at the start. Hopefully Indianappolis will be much much better.

Just though I'd post the standings again.

Drivers
    Driver Team Points

1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 70
    2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 54
    3 Jenson Button BAR 44
    4 Jarno Trulli Renault 36
    5 Fernando Alonso Renault 25
    6 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams 24
    7 Ralf Schumacher Williams 12
    8 Giancarlo Fisichella Sauber 10
    9 Takuma Sato BAR 8
    10 David Coulthard McLaren 7
    11 Felipe Massa Sauber 5
    12 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren 5
    13 Cristiano da Matta Toyota 3
    14 Nick Heidfeld Jordan 3
    15 Mark Webber Jaguar 3
    16 Timo Glock Jordan 2
    17 Olivier Panis Toyota 1
    18 Christian Klien Jaguar 0
    19 Zsolt Baumgartner Minardi 0
    20 Giorgio Pantano Jordan 0
    21 Gianmaria Bruni Minardi 0

Teams
    Constructor Points

1 Ferrari 124
    2 Renault 61
    3 BAR - Honda 52
    4 Williams - BMW 36
    5 Sauber - Petronas 15
    6 McLaren - Mercedes 12
    7 Jordan - Ford 5
    8 Toyota 4
    9 Jaguar - Cosworth 3
    10 Minardi - Cosworth 0

Looking at the distance Ferrari are ahead they would have to not finish both cars for 6 races and Ranault would have to finish 1-2 for those races just to catch up! I'm thinking the contrustor's championship is already in Ferrari's hands.

13. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

What a race, so many crashes and retirements!
    MASSIVE impact for R/S as well, lucky he's ok.
    Another Ferrari clean sweep tho lol!

also, GO MINARDI ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY! First points for 41 races LOL! :rock: :rock: :thumb:

14. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

It was an awful race with only 8 cars finishing, a seemingly bungled DQ and the shocking delay to assist Ralf.

But, Sato's podium is great and Minardi finally get points! I can wear my Minardi cap with pride again :blush:

15. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

My jaw hit the floor a few times.

Four cars out in the first corner... Alonso suffers a puncture and crashes out... Ralf has awful crash loosing control through banking last corner...

just what was going on? Nobody was really on form except maybe MS (obviously), Sato and Raikkonen.

All i can say is what a disapointment, and Get Well Ralf

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Terrible race, MS made one move to block Rubins and it was all over.
    BAR screwed up so bad it was unforgivable, why did they not pit under the safety car.
    McLaren, WTF they would be quicker going round the track on the back of a donkey with asthma.
    In the land of law suits why did it take soooo bloody long for someone to attend to Ralf.
    Why did the orginisers allow the cars to run over the debris over and over instead of using the pit lane.

Good race from Sato, my man of the day.

17. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Totally agree with you. I don't see how MS didn't get some kind of penalty for overtaking before the line (ok so they were dead together but that's overtaking imo).

BAR not pitting I'd stick that down to inexperince or a bungled race stratergy. Awesome to see Sato finally getting the podium, well done to the little guy. Driver of the season imo (went from crashing at every first corner a few years ago to finishing in top 3 now).

McLaren yeah just about the performance I'd come to expect from them theses days. If Truli can go from 20 to 4th but McLaren's drivers only gain a couple of places?

RS crash was one scary moment especially when he didn't move inside of the cockpit. Still don't understand wtf the marshalls were doing and why the safty car went round 11!! laps over the crash scene instead of going through the pit lane. Also did they have the worlds slowest Ambulance driver or something? I mean ffs your on a race track at least drive like it.

Alonso's crash also had me scared for a second. I'm sure crashing at 210mph can't be pleasent. Cars were dropping like flies during the whole race.

Personally I think the people who run the Indy grand prix need to take a good look at what went wrong, I mean a DQ after 57! laps? :wallbash:

18. Piratetaco

57 laps??? what the hell is going on there? i thought there was some rule that you can only be DQ'd at the max of 20 mins after the incident(Ok ok i heard it on ITV :eeek: )

19. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

French GP, Boring.

The french director was some what of a prat, he kept the cameras on the renualts for about 50/70 laps, and the rest on montoya spinnings (30seconds) satos engine blowing (20seconds) button getting ready to pit (5-7laps) and the ferraris now and again (12-14 laps)

C'mon stupid director bloke, we wanna see the race, not an advert for renualt! argh!!

anywho...
    1. MS
    2. Alonso
    3. Rubens
    4. Trulli
    5. Button

(cant wait till silverstone, race is the same day as my 18th birthday :D )

20. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

I actually fell asleep! That's only the second ever time I've fallen asleep mid race. The other was a really boring Hungarian GP a few years ago.

Tags: