1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Formula 1 2004 Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hiren, 8 Mar 2004.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I always rest my eyes during the race. I agree with the above comments - the camera director should be shot. After a whole race of car 1 and 2 it gets extremely boring. Not only that but the good camera angles (on car) were rarely flicked to and for all of 5 seconds.

Gotta admit - Todd played it well as always.

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Excellent strategy from Ferrari.
    The Director was woeful, thanks to him/her we saw nothing of the real race further back. :wallbash:

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Did watch the race but I can't belive I fell alseep during the highlights. See 30mins of Renaults car from 60 different angles was just too much for me.

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

You're not the only one - I believe Trulli nodded off as well on the last corner... :D

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

haha.

I watched the last 30mins and taped the rest, dont think I'll bother watching it if its anything like all you lot say...

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Silverstone should be interesting... BAR BAR BAR :D

7. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

What? This year's comedy track invasion will be a flock of sheep? ;)

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

haha, that made me laugh! :hehe:

What i mean is, jenson will be the one on cam this time... (hopefully his race goes ok)

9. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

Bar bar barbar badam dam waoooooo.....neeeeeeeeeeeee neeeeeeeee neeeeeeee waoooooooo...vroom vroom bar bar bar!

Formula one's boring tbh. :p

10. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

From bbc.co.uk

bbc.co.uk

11. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

with rs with toyota next year i think they r gonna do even better, already the car is looking quite promising imo

12. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Agreed, Their current drivers are a real let down tbh. RS should improve things.

Now williams, Please take on couthard!

13. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Shocking news about Louise Goodman's partner :waah: I wondered why Allan McNish was in the pit lane.

14. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

why whats happened?

15. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Seriously though, the directing was TERRIBLE.

In my opinion Bernie should hand over directing control from ALL races to ONE tv crew team that follows the 'F1 circus' around for the season.

With races being so mind-numbingly boring due to Ferrari's supremecy & imo really poorly thought about rule from the FIA regarding tyres, re-fueling etc.

I long for the old days, when overtaking was done ON THE RACE TRACK and not through pit-stop strategy :grr: :grr: :grr:

I am getting pretty frustrated by all the recent rule changes, qualifying changes / non-changes, engine change limitations, fuel rig errors, etc etc.

16. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

oh how true

17. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Even former drivers share the same view...

Mansell - F1 too boring

Ex-world champion Nigel Mansell says Formula One is so boring that he cannot even bear to watch it on television.
    "I've tried to defend it because it meant such a lot to me for so many years," the Briton told the Times newspaper on Monday.

"But even I can no longer go on defending the indefensible."

"How can you when there is virtually no overtaking on the track and little genuine excitement?" added the 1992 world champion.
    "I'll usually sit down to watch the start of a Grand Prix but after a few laps I find I can't watch any more and switch off. It's that bad."

That's the full text but here's the link.

18. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Every year new regulations are introduced to help increase overtaking(and they fail), am I the only one that see's thats the obvious answer is not to slow the cars down, but to change the race tracks.
    Surely if the tracks are widened and larger run of areas are introduced then overtaking would be possible.

Allow the cars to get faster and faster each year, but work on the tracks to increase the overtaking possibilities.

19. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I don't think the problem is with the tracks.

In fact some changes that have been made to a lot of the tracks because of safety issues have slowed them down and imo worsened the spectacle(sp?)

The problem is, imo, mainly with refueling & grooved tyres.

You will not get much overtaking and risky manoeuvres when drivers are on different fuel loads, because they know they will get passed on the 'next round of pit-stops'.
    And due to grooved tyres all the cars rely too heavily on aerodynamis to make up the deficit on grip, therefore when a car is close behind another one it cannot get passed because of the 'dirty air' resulting in a loss of grip, and ironically this even makes cars even MORE dangerous than what they were.

I believe that since Senna's death a lot of rushed changes were put through to make the sport safer, a lot of those changes were stupid & not properly thought through, and since then all the 'fixes' in rule changes by the FIA have been making things worse & worse.

my 2 cents in a nutshell.

20. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

A member of the Minardi team had a heart attack the other day and died last night. He was also Louise Goodman's partner.

Tags: