1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Formula 1 2004 Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hiren, 8 Mar 2004.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

No where near as good as last years race IMHO. Ok, we had overtaking, and plenty of it - but we don't want to see backmarkers doing it. The only exciting bit was Trulli's stunt aerobatics. :D

Mind you, still better than Manky Curves last week.

2. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

damn i didn't watch it.anyone got a video link?

3. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

Watching the coverage yesterday there seemed to have been a bit of a to-do about qualifying and certain drivers slowing down in an attempt to miss the rain - as far as I can gather the drivers and teams aren't that happy about the changes to the qualifying format (here)

Good to see Trulli walking away from that smash! Terrible that John Walton of Minardi died - only 47 :sigh:

4. Piratetaco

i remember the days of Senna and after that the man Mansel.those where the times i looked forward to watching man and machine race,overtake and sometimes crash. now i only watch it if there's nothing better on.

long live Senna

5. Edhi

Edhi What's a Dremel?

I'm pleased that McLaren are getting back on form, and that Raikonnen is on fire as he was last season!
    Kimi and Montoya are the two drivers I love to see fight Schumy. So it's fantastic that they'll be team-mates next year, but a shame that the Williams FW26 is a bit of a donkey (with a walrus' head) at the moment!

6. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Now that was a race!

Passing, High speed incidents and three different teams on the podium!

And Jenson - what a drive. :thumb:

Not only does he come second from 13th, But for the last stint of the race, he had to hold his helmet down so he could breathe! (the chin strap was cutting into his throat). Reminicant of Hunt shifting with a broken gearstick to the degree his hand was bleeding. :rock:

Last edited: 25 Jul 2004
  7. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I have to agree, this was a great race.

I was really dissapointed when Kimi had that wing failure though, I was looking forward to him getting close to MS.

Brilliant drive from Button but also from Sato, I love his battles on the track :clap:

Good to see McLaren back on form, as well as BAR after their recent little slump, looking forward to the next race which I'm hoping will be even closer :rock:

PS: taking into account the extra fuel load Button had in his car his lap time was astonishing, he would have def. whipped MS were it not for the engine failure IMO.

8. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

Definately one of, if not the best race of the season thus far.

Good to see button making a decent place again. Just wish he'd started from 3rd...

Kimis wing failure was pretty dramatic thou - gotta feel for him even if he is the most boring man in F1 :hehe:

9. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

A bit late, but I only just finished watching the Hungary F1 GP.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: What an absolutely...BORING race :grr:

What makes it worse is that Martin Brundle wasn't there to commentate either, I despise James Allen's commentary, and Mark Blundell puts me to sleep!

I don't even know why I even bother with F1 anymore, it's just a total waste of 3+ hours.

10. RTT

RTT #parp

Yup. You'd think the pinnacle of motorsport technology would be entertaining...

11. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Refueling to be scrapped?

I really hope so, it is one of the big things wrong with the sport today IMO.

David Coulthard has endorsed F1 fans' calls for the FIA to ban refuelling stops.

In a poll carried out by Autosport magazine, a clear majority of respondents said that refuelling added nothing to the show.

linky

12. Piratetaco

i'm not bothered about the re-fueling i'm bothered about the fact they don't overtake on the track.asshat MS seems to do all his overtaking on the pit lane.

13. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Yes but that's ones of the reasons that overtaking does not happen on the track.

If everyone had equal fuel loads things would be a lot more interesting.
    Then scrap those stupid f'ing grooved tyres to bring the mechanical grip back to the drivers and lessen the aerodynamics so the cars can actually get close to each other without becoming undrivable and you have some of the magic back which has been missing from F1 lately.

14. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Can you ****ing believe this bull**** I just got?

I was watching the telly and flickwed through ESPN and Star Sports and realised on the bottom of the screen in SIZE1 :eyebrow: it read "The carriage of ESPN and STAR SPORTS will be discontinued from tommorow - Cable Team"

When I read that I was like, er the formula1? er, the rugby? er........

err...e
    ..e.er.a.r

:blah: WHAT THE **** MAN!!!!!!!!!!

15. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Looks like Ralf is returning for Shanghai.

I'm not sure that's a smart move, he's already had 2 serious concussions this season (I think, bad memory) - one more and it could be terminal says the Proff.

16. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Was anyone else underwhelmed at Schumi's 7th title?

I was impressed by his 5th coz it equalled Fangio, and I was amazed at his 6th coz he beat Fangio (but made a mess of that Japanese GP to do it.)

This year it was just meh!

17. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I presonally think he's just over-rated tbh.

Sure he's won 7 World Championships, but most of them he would not have won had it not been for blatent team orders & Ferrari getting away with some things which other teams would have not :grr:

18. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Agreed. He got lucky.

Tags: