1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum sticky cleanup.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Parge, 5 Jan 2014.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Some of the forum stickies are great..... some have as many cobwebs as an lazy spiders nest.

I was thinking that maybe it'd be good to clean the sections up a bit, which would also allow the top threads to sit a bit higher in the relevant forums. The below are my personal preferences, but of course everyone is entitled to their own.

Hardware
    * Recommended PSU thread: Hasn't been posted in since August 2013, and doesn't really have any relevant advice in, since none of us have PSU testing equiptment, and isn't professionally maintained.

*The Newbsies guide to computer building: Hasn't been posted in since 2012, and this information is available pretty much everywhere on the net

*Useful links - System building, Hardware, Overclocking, Water Cooling: Sorry Bindi, but this hasn't been posted in since 2010 and a lot of the links are fairly retro now (overclocking C2Ds etc)

*Review request thread: Aside from the fact that I'm not 100% sure if the eds actually read the thread since Baz has left (it doesn't look like many of the requests have been fulfilled), is there any way we could keep it stickied but moved to the 'Feedback and Suggestions' section - seems a better place for it.

Gaming
    *Teamspeak Server for Bit Tech: ....is now not actually the teamspeak server for Bit Tech so this thread probably needs to be removed

*Gaming Nicks/User IDs: Isn't really a good way to go about this, since there are literally thousands of this and the threads first page hasn't been updated since 2011

*Post your ownage FPS screenshots: Only had 5 posts in an entire year. Perhaps this could be replaced with the arguably far superior 'Bit Tech Gaming Screenshots thread'

*Custom PC and Bit Tech BF3 Platoon and server: No longer exists, and no new posts for nearly a year. Probably needs to go.

*Console Modifications: I'm not sure we really need this anymore, I doubt anyone is going to be modifying any of the next gen consoles anytime soon, but if the mods think people will start discussing it if it goes then fair enough.

Marketplace
    *The New Bit-Tech Marketplace problematic sales group - isn't maintained well enough for it to really be relevant (only two posts all of last year)

These are the sections I frequent the most, but if any of the other sections stickies need cleaning up too, then feel free to jump aboard the tidyup train, choo choo.

2. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

I think you've missed the point of the Market Place problem sales sticky. It's there to draw people's attention to the fact there's a group with details of bad sellers/disputes and people might want to consider going to the group to check out buyers before doing business. It was never intended to be a general posting thread on the subject.

Last edited: 5 Jan 2014
  3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

As Carrie said it's not there for people to post in hence the fact it's a closed thread :duh: it's there to draw attention that the group actually exists with a link so people can view it, but thanks for the valuable input :rolleyes:

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

While I agree in principle for pruning some of the stickies [or replacing them with more up-to-date ones], whether they've been commented on or not is not the best thing to judge them on.

5. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Definitely something I've thought about before. Will look into it asap. Any other suggestions please do fire away.

6. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Had a bit of a cleanup today. Still umming and ahhing on a few but definitely looking a little tidier.

7. DarkSable

DarkSable What's a Dremel?

Ooh, and throwing out there that a lot of the guides on how to post build logs and such feel a little... antiquated. They're from times that internet access was a lot slower, phones' quality was noticeably worse than a DSLR's at 640 pixels... other things like that that made me laugh.