1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other FORUM UPDATE/CHANGELOG THREAD

Discussion in 'General' started by bit-tech, 30 Jun 2017.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

If it is the only way then so be it. This 12 hour clock is making me crazy.

Also, the border between posts is still a little bit to faint.

Thank you :D

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'll see how easy the language this is to do. It's been added to the list. In what style are they still too faint? Or is it all of them?

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i think hes just referring to the post visibility in general, probably fall under the alternating post colours that you've already got on your list to do.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Think he's talking about the small grey line between posts.

Was just talking to my co-worker about this while quickly running through the list. Something like this...
    [​IMG]

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

less eye stabby, more subtle

actually I'm bored out of my mind sitting in front of my cintiq right now, want a hand with some forum art assets?

[​IMG]

6. MLyons

That's pretty close to the legit one i came up with. You sure you don'y want bright blue... :lol:

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yeah im sure. :lol:

8. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

It isn't white and orange, therefore, it isn't correct.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Yes that, but if posts alternate colours then the line becomes useless. So ignore that.

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I think the blue needs to be a bit brighter, maybe add a yellow for the other colour to really melt the eyes? :hehe:

11. MLyons

I'll swap you a an orange and white build for an orange and white theme how about that? :lol::hehe::lol::hehe::lol:
    Ok. Change should be up tomorrow. Or maybe tonight if I have time between LoL or Overwatch games.
    :duh: I'll be sure to take on board your feedback for V2

12. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

I will be in the office 2 weeks today... I will have to see if I can carry it with me.

13. MLyons

Sounds good to me... :hehe:
    [​IMG]

14. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Can the favicon be a little smidge different from the website one? The old favicon was a little lighter colour.
    Also, no animated avatars?

15. MLyons

I was actually think this at work today. I'll see what they say. Animated avatars are currently off but I hope to turn them back on soonish

Gunsmith and DXR_13KE like this.
  16. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

I might be the only one, but why is posting date at the bottom of a post (and what about editing date)? If the post is too long and does not fit onto a screen (as most do in Serious discussion), it results in scrolling down/up to find the ones you haven't read yet.
    Why is time dropped for dates older than couple days?
    Also, +1 for 24h format, or ISO8601 date format in general.

17. MLyons

Passed on the time suggestion. Not sure about the date though. I could create a new language option that would show up by the style switched that would allow you to switch? UK would be what we have now most likely and US would probably be what you suggested. A poll has been put up here https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?threads/forum-clock-vote-please.328282/#post-4356124

Last edited: 11 Jul 2017
  18. MLyons

Thoughts? Ignore the other colour things not like the live version, just focus on the background of posts.
    [​IMG]

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Have you chaps introduced some sort of "minimum time between posts" counter? I've just posted in one thread, viewed another and tried to post in the second thread only to be told that I have to wait "at least 9 seconds" before I can post again. I appreciate that you want to prevent spammers from flooding the forums with nonsense but my two attempted posts were probably 30 seconds apart.

20. MLyons

So you decided to post here and add another 30 seconds? :hehe: Yeah it was just a default value and no one else has complained so It'll probably stay the same. To be fair 30 seconds is a lot more generous than some other sites out there.